CamRide (Camera Ride Feature)

Scenes CamRide (Camera Ride Feature)

pepewigs

Featured Contributor
Reactions
pepewigs submitted a new resource:

CamRide - Let her take you on a (camera) ride

Description
CamRide is a subscene that can be used to control the camera from the attached person's perspective—you are essentially taken on a camera ride by the girl, while still giving you control to pivot around her to find the most interesting angles. It's intended to be used primarily on mocaps with walking animations, but I imagine it could be used to varying success for MMDs as well. The idea is to have the camera follow the model as she moves around in the scene, which...

Read more about this resource...

Hello guys, my native language is not English. So I hope you can make a full how-to video, thank you very much.

Couldn't you do the same by Linking Translation and Aim on the Camera with the Person's Hips?

Hello, author~
According to your scenario and plug-ins, I can't use them successfully~
Is there a scenario similar to the actual demo??

Sorry looks like I missed the notifications for messages in this thread. I'll try to respond to some of them.

Hello, author~
According to your scenario and plug-ins, I can't use them successfully~
Is there a scenario similar to the actual demo??
You can use it with this scene by ReignMocap, which is what I did for the second demo video. Follow the instructions to a T and it should work.

Couldn't you do the same by Linking Translation and Aim on the Camera with the Person's Hips?
I've no idea what you mean by this. Would be helpful if you explained what these are in greater detail.

Hello guys, my native language is not English. So I hope you can make a full how-to video, thank you very much.
Good idea, this was something I didn't consider. I'll try to find some time to make a quick installation vid.

Added an installation video guide to the Instructions section. Hope it helps.

Hello, used in MMD, need to open the camera motion of MMD?
Because if camera motion is not loaded, even if the CamAnchor is linked to the neck, the camera is still moving very fast.
It looks like the floor is moving, not the characters.
when i loaded camera motion, I'm not sure if CamRide still works, but it feels smoother.
Also, It works well in non-MMD scenes.
Thank you.

Hello, used in MMD, need to open the camera motion of MMD?
Because if camera motion is not loaded, even if the CamAnchor is linked to the neck, the camera is still moving very fast.
It looks like the floor is moving, not the characters.
when i loaded camera motion, I'm not sure if CamRide still works, but it feels smoother.
Also, It works well in non-MMD scenes.
Thank you.
Hello friend, if you use CamRide, you need to disable camera motion of the MMD. I don't believe they work together, because the camera motion essentially uses the plugin to take over control of the camera. You lose the "cinematic" experience, but in return you get animation smoothing, and personally I find the latter much more important, since with CamRide turned on, while the general position of the camera remains controlled by the character, you can still pan around and zoom in/out freely.
If you find the camera moving too fast, it could be that the animation has a lot of head/neck movement, so you could try to turn auto rotate off, which should significantly limit how much the camera moves. As for the perception that the floor is moving, that is correct since the camera moves in sync with the character. If you look at the second comparison video I posted, the girl moves around the scene on the left side, but with CamRide turn on at the right, the she appears to remain in the same spot but the background scene moves around her instead. The best way I would describe this is to imagine those TikTok videos where the person is holding up their phone and walking around, and you get that impression that the world is moving around the both of you.

Hello friend, if you use CamRide, you need to disable camera motion of the MMD. I don't believe they work together, because the camera motion essentially uses the plugin to take over control of the camera. You lose the "cinematic" experience, but in return you get animation smoothing, and personally I find the latter much more important, since with CamRide turned on, while the general position of the camera remains controlled by the character, you can still pan around and zoom in/out freely.
If you find the camera moving too fast, it could be that the animation has a lot of head/neck movement, so you could try to turn auto rotate off, which should significantly limit how much the camera moves. As for the perception that the floor is moving, that is correct since the camera moves in sync with the character. If you look at the second comparison video I posted, the girl moves around the scene on the left side, but with CamRide turn on at the right, the she appears to remain in the same spot but the background scene moves around her instead. The best way I would describe this is to imagine those TikTok videos where the person is holding up their phone and walking around, and you get that impression that the world is moving around the both of you.
Ok , thanks for your reply. It is indeed smoother than MMD's camera.
I will use it in different scenarios to find the best way to use it.

Thank you. I find that the novelty of camera motion wears off quickly and some scenes don't even have one available. So this is always useful and I can't go back to watching Mmds without animation smoothing.

Anyway, I noticed that after a while sometimes part of the UI would get shifted out of place. Is there a way to prevent this?

Thank you. I find that the novelty of camera motion wears off quickly and some scenes don't even have one available. So this is always useful and I can't go back to watching Mmds without animation smoothing.

Anyway, I noticed that after a while sometimes part of the UI would get shifted out of place. Is there a way to prevent this?
I'm aware of this issue. I believe it's due to the position of the neck changing each time you load a new motion file and the physics freezes for a while, which results in the UI not catching up properly sometimes. Try toggling CamRide off each time you swap motions, or reload the scene if the UI gets out of sync too much. I do have a fix in mind but it seems like a lot of work to implement for an issue that can be resolved by simply reloading the (sub)scene.

dude plz teach how to use this plugin. i try with mmd plugin but i cant use this.

i try load camride scene. but how to add my custom scene to this camride?

dude plz teach how to use this plugin. i try with mmd plugin but i cant use this.

i try load camride scene. but how to add my custom scene to this camride?
It's already explained in the instructions. Merge load your custom scene to the empty camride scene, or just edit the json file of your custom scene.

1665248318441.png

Update : found it and learn it now thx!!

how to hide this checkbox bro

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-09 002522.jpg
    Screenshot 2022-10-09 002522.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom