Call help,About subscenes load audio files

criuslv

Reactions
For help, how can I enable sub scenes to automatically load audio files? It seems that audio files can only be automatically loaded in the main scene.

i don't think there's an easy way to do it

a hack with only vanilla vam and no plugins that i think would work:

instead of doing A subscene, B subscene, C subscene
do A subscene + A sound scene, B subscene + B sound scene, C subscene + C sound scene

A sound scene can be the empty scene (no light,etc.) with only the sounds added to it

then when you're loading the subscene, also do a merge load of the audio scene associated with it (corecontrol > sceneloader > mergeloadscene)

you might have to do the mergeload first, maybe use logicbricks to wait for it to finish, and only then load the subscene. the triggers that involve sounds from your subscenes might get cleaned-up/erased otherwise.

an alternative might be using Audiomate

you might have to do the mergeload first, maybe use logicbricks to wait for it to finish, and only then load the subscene. the triggers that involve sounds from your subscenes might get cleaned-up/erased otherwise.

an alternative might be using Audiomate
Thanks for your reply. It seems that there is no better way. I have used RT _ LipSync plug before。 but the same audio file is loaded every time, and is not easy to use - _ - .

You could convert your audio into AssetBundles and play them via LogicBricks (RandomSoundFromAB brick). Loads way faster as well.
How can I convert a audio file into an asset file? Thank you very much
1668854948456.png
~

How can I convert a audio file into an asset file? Thank you very much~
Here is a guide:
And check this for the correct Unity import settings for your audio. Make sure you pick the right "Load Type" and "Compression Format".

Here is a guide:
And check this for the correct Unity import settings for your audio. Make sure you pick the right "Load Type" and "Compression Format".
Thank you. It looks complicated -_- . I'll go and learn

229-career-path.png

But, no worries...its not that complicated. Essentially drag&drop the audio files into the asset bundle, same as a prefab or any other file you want in there.
I"m incapable of unity. I'll try it. Thank you*^__^*

I can confirm that MacGruber's method is by far the best way to do what you are after. It is a bit of a learning curve and some work to setup but it works fantastic once you do. You will want to add his random sound from AB logicbrick to an audiosource atom and then trigger it however you like. I prefer the audio queue empty brick added to the same audiosource atom. Add in your music mp3 assetbundle and then save it as a preset! That is the real magic.

I now have a few dozen mp3 assetbundle playlists setup as presets that I can load via JayJays UIassist with a click of a button and that is one of the best enhancements I have made to my VAM experience. Thank you MacGruber! (and JayJay)

I can confirm that MacGruber's method is by far the best way to do what you are after. It is a bit of a learning curve and some work to setup but it works fantastic once you do. You will want to add his random sound from AB logicbrick to an audiosource atom and then trigger it however you like. I prefer the audio queue empty brick added to the same audiosource atom. Add in your music mp3 assetbundle and then save it as a preset! That is the real magic.

I now have a few dozen mp3 assetbundle playlists setup as presets that I can load via JayJays UIassist with a click of a button and that is one of the best enhancements I have made to my VAM experience. Thank you MacGruber! (and JayJay)
That sounds cool ! I'm also using UIassist to load assets, especially some environmental sound assists. I must study this when I am free. This sounds very useful, especially when making some music scenes or multiple voice scenes.Thank you all~~

That sounds cool ! I'm also using UIassist to load assets, especially some environmental sound assists. I must study this when I am free. This sounds very useful, especially when making some music scenes or multiple voice scenes.Thank you all~~
I can't help with the unity side of things. I am not very good at it. But once you get your MP3 assets setup I would be happy to show you screen shots of my setup both of the audio atom and UIassist. That may save you some time. Also I am happy to share my assets on the off chance you also love synthwave and 80's goth rock. 🤘:LOL:

I can't help with the unity side of things. I am not very good at it. But once you get your MP3 assets setup I would be happy to show you screen shots of my setup both of the audio atom and UIassist. That may save you some time. Also I am happy to share my assets on the off chance you also love synthwave and 80's goth rock. 🤘:LOL:
Haha, OK~You are a good partner:love:. VAM has taken too much time from me, but I can also learn a lot:LOL:~

Audiomate as plugin for subscene itself worked for me. Old thread but thought i'd throw that out there.

I have a very basic question. I have completed a scene that uses audio only with speech using audiomate and its set to play in a loop when the scene begins. Now, when I upload this scene to vam hub in a var file, will it include all the audiofiles I have used with audiomate, and will it play the audio at the start of the scene to anyone who downloads it from the vam hub?

I have a very basic question. I have completed a scene that uses audio only with speech using audiomate and its set to play in a loop when the scene begins. Now, when I upload this scene to vam hub in a var file, will it include all the audiofiles I have used with audiomate, and will it play the audio at the start of the scene to anyone who downloads it from the vam hub?
AudioMate is just scene audio, so it should. However, best way to confirm is always to actually try:
  1. Create your VAR. While doing that you should already see it referencing the audio files, asking to include them.
  2. Transfer your VAR it into a second "clean" VaM installation on your machine. Clean means just the default content, nothing else.
  3. If you have hub-hosted dependencies, make sure it can download them from the Hub. Provide other dependencies, if you have them, e.g. paid ones.
  4. Try to load your scene and confirm it works.
Only if everything is fine, upload to the Hub.

Last edited:
AudioMate is just scene audio, so it should. However, best way to confirm is always to actually try:
  1. Create your VAR. While doing that you should already see it referencing the audio files, asking to include them.
  2. Transfer your VAR it into a second "clean" VaM installation on your machine. Clean means just the default content, nothing else.
  3. If you have hub-hosted dependencies, make sure it can download them from the Hub. Provide other dependencies, if you have them, e.g. paid ones.
  4. Try to load your scene and confirm it works.
Only if everything is fine, upload to the Hub.
My apologies for the late response, but thank you for your assistance and guidance, it has aided me in the progression of my new scene that's coming out very soon. Thanks again.

Back
Top Bottom