Crackling audio

StardustVR

Reactions
I'm trying to play a video file in a scene. But the audio playback is horrible. Sounds like an old, beat up transistor radio with the mono speaker cutting in and out. I did the mixing in my recording studio and it sounds great through my studio monitors. So I don't know why it sounds so horrible on playback in VAM. I've tried using ImagePanel and VideoController and the result is the same. My format is MP4 H.264, if that matters. Any suggestions? Thanks.

I don't know the solution, but...
It seems that noise may occur when playing music on UNITY. (You can find it if you search on Google.)
There seem to be various causes, but I think the cause is the high encoding load.

If you want to play audio or music by VAM default, register it as SceneAudio in advance and play it during the scene.
Perhaps the reason is that encoding first reduces the load during playback.
When playing a video file with videoPlayer, if you play it plainly, there will be noise because there is no pre-encoding. I'm guessing.

Is there a video Player (plugin) for VAM that takes this into consideration?

Ok - that makes sense because I have a different audio file playing (pre registered, as you suggested) and that plays fine. So I think what I'll try is to register the audio then trigger the (silent) video with that audio file at the same time. I don't see why that shouldn't work. Thanks for the tip. I'll report back when I get to try it later today.

Back
Top Bottom