Build-A-Bot 2.0 BETA

Scenes Build-A-Bot 2.0 BETA

try this guide to help fix your dependencies. the 2nd section is generally easier, so don't worry about the json stuff

****How do I delete "missing" dependencies from my dependencies list?? They are not needed for the scene so do not download them...
How to quicky search all presets/scenes inside your package (with Notepad++)?
In this example not hub hosted 4play.Merok package.

1) Extract your package to folder Tomace.BuildABotBeta.4
2) Inside foldere delete meta.json
3) open Notepad++
4) ctrl+shift+F (find in files)
-as Directory select extracted folder: Tomace.BuildABotBeta.4
-set filter: * .json, * .vap
-find what: 4play.Merok (remove .latest/version number)
Scene and 5 presets are using morphs from https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/merok.17900/
JSON:
Search "4play.Merok" (16 hits in 6 files of 58 searched)
  C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Tomace.BuildABotBeta.4\Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\Preset_merok flat.vap (3 hits)
    Line   8:                "uid" : "4play.Merok.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female_genitalia/4play_Merok-2022-23-4--13_25_16.679-Genital.vmi",
    Line  13:                "uid" : "4play.Merok.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/4play_Merok-Body-2022-23-4--13_25_16.679.vmi",
    Line  18:                "uid" : "4play.Merok.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/4play_Merok-Head-2022-23-4--13_25_16.679.vmi",
  C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Tomace.BuildABotBeta.4\Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\Preset_merok Large morphs.vap (3 hits)
    Line   8:                "uid" : "4play.Merok.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female_genitalia/4play_Merok-2022-23-4--13_25_16.679-Genital.vmi",
    Line  13:                "uid" : "4play.Merok.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/4play_Merok-Body-2022-23-4--13_25_16.679.vmi",
    Line  18:                "uid" : "4play.Merok.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/4play_Merok-Head-2022-23-4--13_25_16.679.vmi",
  C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Tomace.BuildABotBeta.4\Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\Preset_merok morphs.vap (3 hits)
    Line  8:                "uid" : "4play.Merok.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female_genitalia/4play_Merok-2022-23-4--13_25_16.679-Genital.vmi",
    Line 13:                "uid" : "4play.Merok.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/4play_Merok-Body-2022-23-4--13_25_16.679.vmi",
    Line 18:                "uid" : "4play.Merok.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/4play_Merok-Head-2022-23-4--13_25_16.679.vmi",
  C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Tomace.BuildABotBeta.4\Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\Preset_merok XL morphs.vap (3 hits)
  C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Tomace.BuildABotBeta.4\Custom\Atom\Person\Skin\Preset_merok skin.vap (1 hit)
    Line  65:          "faceDecalUrl" : "4play.Merok.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Texture/Makeup/gyht (20220423011252).png",
  C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Tomace.BuildABotBeta.4\Saves\scene\BABbj.json (3 hits)
    Line  2901:                      "uid" : "4play.Merok.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female_genitalia/4play_Merok-2022-23-4--13_25_16.679-Genital.vmi",
    Line  2906:                      "uid" : "4play.Merok.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/4play_Merok-Body-2022-23-4--13_25_16.679.vmi",
    Line  2911:                      "uid" : "4play.Merok.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/4play_Merok-Head-2022-23-4--13_25_16.679.vmi",

You can also set up a bare instance of VAM, with just the scene, and make your var there. What is most likely happening is that you're grabbing plug-ins from other .var files - rather than just the base plugin itself.

For example, if you link to "tittymagic" from say, "theuf.hotbabehottub.var" or "universens.hallowiener.var" instead of the base everlaster .var, you'll end up building a dependency to one of the first two .var files instead of to the everlaster plugin you intended.

How to quicky search all presets/scenes inside your package (with Notepad++)?
In this example not hub hosted 4play.Merok package.

1) Extract your package to folder Tomace.BuildABotBeta.4
2) Inside foldere delete meta.json
3) open Notepad++
4) ctrl+shift+F (find in files)
-as Directory select extracted folder: Tomace.BuildABotBeta.4
-set filter: * .json, * .vap
-find what: 4play.Merok (remove .latest/version number)
Scene and 5 presets are using morphs from https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/merok.17900/
JSON:
Search "4play.Merok" (16 hits in 6 files of 58 searched)
  C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Tomace.BuildABotBeta.4\Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\Preset_merok flat.vap (3 hits)
  C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Tomace.BuildABotBeta.4\Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\Preset_merok Large morphs.vap (3 hits)
  C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Tomace.BuildABotBeta.4\Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\Preset_merok morphs.vap (3 hits)
    Line  8:                "uid" : "4play.Merok.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female_genitalia/4play_Merok-2022-23-4--13_25_16.679-Genital.vmi",
    Line 13:                "uid" : "4play.Merok.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/4play_Merok-Body-2022-23-4--13_25_16.679.vmi",
    Line 18:                "uid" : "4play.Merok.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/4play_Merok-Head-2022-23-4--13_25_16.679.vmi",
  C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Tomace.BuildABotBeta.4\Custom\Atom\Person\Morphs\Preset_merok XL morphs.vap (3 hits)
  C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Tomace.BuildABotBeta.4\Custom\Atom\Person\Skin\Preset_merok skin.vap (1 hit)
    Line  65:          "faceDecalUrl" : "4play.Merok.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Texture/Makeup/gyht (20220423011252).png",
  C:\Users\Admin\Desktop\Tomace.BuildABotBeta.4\Saves\scene\BABbj.json (3 hits)
    Line  2901:                      "uid" : "4play.Merok.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female_genitalia/4play_Merok-2022-23-4--13_25_16.679-Genital.vmi",
    Line  2906:                      "uid" : "4play.Merok.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/4play_Merok-Body-2022-23-4--13_25_16.679.vmi",
    Line  2911:                      "uid" : "4play.Merok.latest:/Custom/Atom/Person/Morphs/female/4play_Merok-Head-2022-23-4--13_25_16.679.vmi",
But…. I’m actually using Merok. I want to delete the files that say “missing” in my dependencies list. Not the ones that are in use in the scene… I don’t really get what you’re saying

You can also set up a bare instance of VAM, with just the scene, and make your var there. What is most likely happening is that you're grabbing plug-ins from other .var files - rather than just the base plugin itself.

For example, if you link to "tittymagic" from say, "theuf.hotbabehottub.var" or "universens.hallowiener.var" instead of the base everlaster .var, you'll end up building a dependency to one of the first two .var files instead of to the everlaster plugin you intended.
If it’s a bare instance of VAM how do I get my dependencies into the scene im making?

try this guide to help fix your dependencies. the 2nd section is generally easier, so don't worry about the json stuff

I can’t follow this

But…. I’m actually using Merok. I want to delete the files that say “missing” in my dependencies list. Not the ones that are in use in the scene… I don’t really get what you’re saying
So... I misread your post? ...or you should have been more specific?
That's the only one not hub hosted (also one with most missing license sub-dependencies).
You didn't post link to it (as required), so it was safe to assume you didn't use it. :rolleyes:

So... I misread your post? ...or you should have been more specific?
That's the only one not hub hosted (also one with most missing license sub-dependencies).
You didn't post link to it (as required), so it was safe to assume you didn't use it. :rolleyes:
there are a ton of "missing" dependencies in the dependency list that are not in use. Merok is the only one that is in use. I wish to delete the others from the list. i updated the post with the link to 'merok', which is on the hub, but not hub hosted...

When creating package;
You need to have all referenced packages installed on your client. If they are not installed you gonna have missing license (on dependencies tab).
Because there is no magic all-in-one list for package builder to pull license (package) info from.
Package dependencies (and licenses) are stored inside package meta.json, and when uploaded they are read from package (and listed on dependencies tab).

Make sure to have all references if you wanna avoid missing license (builder can't pull info out of nowhere).
If dependencies are not present while building package it adds: missing:true
example:

"dependencies" : {
"Creator.PackageName.latest" : {
"missing" : "true",
"licenseType" : "MISSING",

Otherwise if you don't use it, navigate to missing references and remove them (from scene/preset...not meta).
If removing is not an option: look for alternatives or include content inside your package (if content is not paid or under ND).Make sure to leave credit.

I can’t follow this
yeah, the first section is NOT friendly, please just ignore that. that section should really be last as it's just going to scare so many people away from the rest that can be quite easy to read!

instead read the "How to avoid it in the first place and make clean VARs easily" section.

one quick bit of advice is to make a new VaM install (just copy the launcher to a new folder) and move your scene there for packaging. with 0 other downloads it will be completely clean, then you can carefully just download what you actually need.

When creating package;
You need to have all referenced packages installed on your client. If they are not installed you gonna have missing license (on dependencies tab).
Because there is no magic all-in-one list for package builder to pull license (package) info from.
Package dependencies (and licenses) are stored inside package meta.json, and when uploaded they are read from package (and listed on dependencies tab).

Make sure to have all references if you wanna avoid missing license (builder can't pull info out of nowhere).
If dependencies are not present while building package it adds: missing:true
example:

"dependencies" : {
"Creator.PackageName.latest" : {
"missing" : "true",
"licenseType" : "MISSING",

Otherwise if you don't use it, navigate to missing references and remove them (from scene/preset...not meta).
If removing is not an option: look for alternatives or include content inside your package (if content is not paid or under ND).Make sure to leave credit.
i appreciate youre trying to help.

Back
Top Bottom