Wearable Asset (beta)

Plugins Wearable Asset (beta)

GossamerVR

Featured Contributor
Reactions
GossamerVR submitted a new resource:

Wearable Asset (beta) - pin assets to joints and animate them at the same time. Save and load poses and swap targets easily.

Hello Darlings,

TLDR: This is a plugin that lets you 'parent' an asset to a joint tightly, while also animating it at the same time, and saving settings as 'poses' you can load later. It's in public beta as there are some blind spots that I haven't tested, but it is stable.

Firstly let me praise @Blazedust and @MacGruber for...

Read more about this resource...

GossamerVR updated Wearable Asset (beta) with a new update entry:

Known Issue: CUA Colliders

CUA Colliders Not Supported Yet
An update to warn you that collision on the CUA can interfere with the movement of the limb you're wearing the asset on. Allowing for collision is top priority for a next release, but for now this means no CUA colliders are really supported.

Related: using 'snap to parent' or 'offset to parent' with the collider on will cause issues as the collider rockets into the body :oops:

Thanks to @SlimerJSpud...

Read the rest of this update entry...

GossamerVR updated Wearable Asset (beta) with a new update entry:

Bandaid Update: CUA Collision autodisabled.

Hello Dears,

To prevent you from having to analyze your CUA before using this plugin, I have modified it to disable CUA collision automatically when being applied. This prevents the issues caused by assets with colliders. This is a workaround, obviously, as there may be cases in which you desire collision.

I have some ideas on solutions to that end, but not the time to implement them just yet. In the mean time this should keep your workflow simple when using...

Read the rest of this update entry...

hey!
love this! soo good! thx!
whould be possible to make the clothing items usable in this plugin?
like i have a nice ribbon what i want to use for a pigtail hair attaching to it. or to a different place on the character even with cloth physics.
it whould be in so much possibilities.

hey!
love this! soo good! thx!
whould be possible to make the clothing items usable in this plugin?
like i have a nice ribbon what i want to use for a pigtail hair attaching to it. or to a different place on the character even with cloth physics.
it whould be in so much possibilities.

Thanks, I'm glad it's helpful!
Clothing items work in a different way than custom assets. Your idea of making them movable is very interesting, but would need its own exploration, and probably its own plugin. It's worth looking into in the future though. Very interesting.

thanks for answering! :)
the other thing i was thinking of is somehow make from clothing items a dublicate in the wardrobe and changing its position, offsetting its pivot / rotating around it. btw, can i just copy and rename a clothing item in the vam directory to have a dublicate from it? because the items already have surface offset (by object space?) but what if all polygons are pushed only on 1 axies? i know the surface offset is working with a displacement map maybe and thats is a bit easier. dunno. i dont known really coding too much, have just a bit unreal blueprint knowledge as far the coding goes. AND: have very bad english too :D so if i talk some gibberish please let me know :S

thanks for answering! :)

Of course! :)

the other thing i was thinking of is somehow make from clothing items a dublicate in the wardrobe and changing its position, offsetting its pivot / rotating around it.

This will require access and modification of the clothing in a special way, similar to your previous idea. Once there is a 'transform' to move around, this could be possible. However it may not work out, we'll have to see what we can modify, and what it costs in resources to do so.

btw, can i just copy and rename a clothing item in the vam directory to have a dublicate from it? because the items already have surface offset (by object space?) but what if all polygons are pushed only on 1 axies? i know the surface offset is working with a displacement map maybe and thats is a bit easier

I'm not sure what you mean by this. Technically I think you could duplicate clothing items fine but I don't know why you would want to-- Ideally you would have one clothing binary and multiple presets for it. Can you explain what it is you would want to do with the duplicate? Do you mean so the character can wear multiple copies at once with different settings?

"Do you mean so the character can wear multiple copies at once with different settings?"

yepp! exactly that! how i mentioned i have a nice neck ribbon what whould fit so nice to the pigtail hair, one of each side, but for that it needs to be moveable.
or even decorating other cloths. because we already have this in a form of: glasses have there own position on the character like following the head bone, an ear ring in a different position following also the head bone. if u whould rotate and move around the model in a 3D app and import back in u had the same results but in a bit longer road to the finishline.
will mention that i have almost non knowledge about vam after 3days and im just brainsorming. so items in there files have a pivot point and vam after that attach it to a bone (?) at least it works so in unreal also when u attach an item to the skeletal bone asset. the easiest way whould be maybe modifying the item axies in the items var file rather than implementing in to vam in a always running script that allign the object to his new coordinate?

the easiest way whould be maybe modifying the item axies in the items var file rather than implementing in to vam in a always running script that allign the object to his new coordinate?

That's a good instinct, but VAM has a few different processes to create their assets. Atoms such as Custom Unity Assets (like the glasses you describe) have many game objects and components responsible for different things like their plugins, UI, parenting, and physics -- more than just the pivot and the mesh. Clothing items don't have their own atoms, and are treated as a sub-element of a person atom.

In fact, clothing meshes are built procedurally from their binary files, using a GPU-accelerated plugin that defines how they behave with simulation and joints to a target. In order to turn them into something we can move with a transform pivot, we'd have to make sure the GPU package doesn't mind us doing that, create a new game object to "parent" it to, and rig that game object with the control scheme for VAM, and calculate the new positioning of the cloth relative to our generated "pivot". It's probably doable-- if clothing can follow a person we can probably make it follow anything. However it might actually be faster and easier to create a 'reader' for clothing that converts it into a model you can open to turn it into an asset bundle. Of course, you'd lose the cloth sim.

I think you're on the right track to conceptually explore this. I think we can do something like what you're looking for, but there will be a lot of things to navigate.

Last edited:
i was thinking last night a bit about this topic and think i was wrong. this plugin is good as it is. it is not ment to solve the problem i was talking about. thinked a bit about some cloths what have even more skinned bones etc and then not mentioning that if i whould set up some accessories on the character it cant be stored trough the clothing menu. so on my "problem" whould be much more of a solution expanding the clothing menu with some offsetting options rather that f-ing up this plugin. this is ment to be much different purposes like giving a sword (or a dildo >_>) in the characters hand or some interactable object in a scene. maybe i had the ide when i saw the hat in your video. btw thanks for the nice talk and keep up the good work ;) will continue using this masterpiece of plugin!
cya around o7

i was thinking last night a bit about this topic and think i was wrong. this plugin is good as it is. it is not ment to solve the problem i was talking about. thinked a bit about some cloths what have even more skinned bones etc and then not mentioning that if i whould set up some accessories on the character it cant be stored trough the clothing menu. so on my "problem" whould be much more of a solution expanding the clothing menu with some offsetting options rather that f-ing up this plugin. this is ment to be much different purposes like giving a sword (or a dildo >_>) in the characters hand or some interactable object in a scene. maybe i had the ide when i saw the hat in your video. btw thanks for the nice talk and keep up the good work ;) will continue using this masterpiece of plugin!
cya around o7
No problem; it's still a good idea, just probably better suited to another plugin, like you said

Hi
Is it possible to make it possible to attach one asset to another asset?
The fact is that some plugins are not compatible with parent links. For example NoStage3.UnityAssetVamifier fails if the asset on which it is applied is pinned to another asset.
And I would like to create complex structures from assets and then animate them using the timeline, for example, the arm of a robotic manipulator.
And I hope that your plugin would be compatible with the subscene.
Thanks
VaM 2022-09-20 18-48-48.png

Excellent work man!
Absolutely Excellent!
I've always wanted to build a scene of high heels hanging on toes
your plugin made this possible.

But here's a little problem:
I wonder if it's possible to add TOE joints to the pluging's joints list?
Parenting high heel asset to the foot joint works out fine.
But if it's possible to link to the toe joint, it would be perfect !
And since you already add separate joints to each fingers, so I guess it's technically possible?

Excellent work man!
Absolutely Excellent!
I've always wanted to build a scene of high heels hanging on toes
your plugin made this possible.

But here's a little problem:
I wonder if it's possible to add TOE joints to the pluging's joints list?
Parenting high heel asset to the foot joint works out fine.
But if it's possible to link to the toe joint, it would be perfect !
And since you already add separate joints to each fingers, so I guess it's technically possible?

Absolutely. I will include an 'expanded' option next update that includes toe joints and additional finger joints.

Back
Top Bottom