Better folder construction

KameronFox

Reactions
Right know it's like everything goes to everywhere.

Just need clean and arranged folder like

All custom mods folder>person/environment/save/plugins etc.

Just a mess. Yes you could do it by yourself. But everyone does things differently.

VAR packages kind of solve this as every VAR can its own folder structure. The only problem is that the VAR system seems not intended for maintain hundreds or thousands of packages. Possibly it should be possible to have subfolders in the AddonPackages folder, e.g. categorize by author name?

I agree that was the case originally, but now nearly everything has a specific place in the Custom/ folder. I expect for 2.X, even scene saves will go into Custom/ folder.

@MacGruber I expect hundreds of packages can be supported, but it will require better search/filter system and do away with the long list of shortcuts and instead use a flat browse system.

One tip for now. Use the "All Flattened" shortcut found on most browsers and use the search field to filter. The future will have tags and search using tags and not just name as it is now.

1592839214952.png

I've mentioned this before but the only trouble with the flattened view is that if you have a lot of assets it lags like crazy.

I've mentioned this before but the only trouble with the flattened view is that if you have a lot of assets it lags like crazy.
Yes true. The upcoming image-caching will help, but a large part of the issue the way Unity's ScrollRect and content area works. I don't have a way to do paged-style content in that scrolled area. I think for 2.X I need to make a whole new custom UI widget that can handle 100s of items smoothly. It might be manual paging (like clothing/hair/morphs) instead of giant scrollable area.

Back
Top Bottom