Any .fbx blender to VAM importer? Any good commissioner?

KameronFox

Reactions
If you are good importer from blender to vam please contact with me.
Or do you know someone who does?

Wait, do you want to import a fbx environment/asset to vam, or a character?

This are two entirely different pair of shoes.
An environment or an asset has to be imported to Unity and many of the materials have to be adjusted, which is a time consumpting task but more or less easiely doable.

But you simply can't import a mesh to VaM to use it as a full working character. You only can use the build in DAZ Genesis 2 figure, but you can use morphs to recreate your custom look. There are some tutorials around here, how to do your own custom morphs in DAZ3D and with a 3D tool like Blender.

I don't want to conceal: There is one single and highly complicated possibility to do this... you can use a tool like ZBrush to morph a Genesis 2 figure automatically after your FBX mesh, but without adding or removing any vertices (as this is not possible). Though, I normally will encourage everybody to try creating morphs and Unity assets, I have to say this one is high expert stuff. I bet, recreating a look with morphs would maybe be faster and more accurate. If you want to find someone who can do this, try the NoOC VaM Discord!

Or do you maybe only want to import a fbx mesh as clothes? Not enough informations in your questions, I fear.

Back
Top Bottom