Animation Questions

neglegent

Reactions
I need help with how to animate. My goal is to make movies. But when I want to record a motion, I can only move the character side to side and not swing hips back and forth. Are there any links on how to help with this. And can you make movies with this software? Its kicking my butt. Can't figure it out.

As atani said, it really depends on what method for animation you use. If you want to animate by hand with lots of detail, Timeline plugin is probably the best way. If you want to do motion capture in VR, record with VaM's native "Scene Animation" system and then import into Timeline plugin for editing.

If you mostly want a couple of different poses and blending between them for idle animation, IdlePoser plugin may be better suited.

If you want to do motion capture in VR, record with VaM's native "Scene Animation" system

Hi, sorry for thread necro!

Is there a guide to this anywhere? I do have the timeline plugin but I can envisage this to be a great way to get some natural movements in and then fine tune in timeline

I can envisage this to be a great way to get some natural movements in and then fine tune in timeline
There is nothing available at the moment that is really suited for that. Motion capture works by making lots of keyframes per second, you don't really want to edit them that much by hand, there are just too many. It would need a tool that can mass edit selected keyframes somehow. I think Timeline has some tools for that, but very limited.

There is nothing available at the moment that is really suited for that. Motion capture works by making lots of keyframes per second, you don't really want to edit them that much by hand, there are just too many. It would need a tool that can mass edit selected keyframes somehow. I think Timeline has some tools for that, but very limited.

Ah I see, thanks for the info!

Back
Top Bottom