Camera questions

wayneout

Reactions
I might have posted this question before but due to sickness, I have been away for quite some time.
Is there a way to move the window camera around in a scene? I clicked on "select" and chose control
but the camera stays the same (also display control)
Can you add another camera and use it instead of the window camera? I clicked on "add atom" but
didn't see any cameras listed. I trying to use a scene in VR but I am trying to get it right in desktop.
Note: It is not my scene but a free scene I got from here.
Thanks

Is there a way to move the window camera around in a scene? I clicked on "select" and chose control
but the camera stays the same (also display control)
That's right and then make sure the WindowCamera is [x] On and not [ ] hidden in the Control-Tab.

You should see it somewhere in 3D space and you can move it ...
  • with the Move-Tab in fixed position- and rotation-steps. Here you can reset it back to 0,0,0 too.
  • with Target-mode (T-key) mode off you have a small 'widget' in 3D space with arrows and circles for rotation, this can dragged with the mouse and should turn yellow when you hover over it.
  • with Target-mode on you get a bigger blue widget to move it around, where the long white 'stick' indicates where the camera is looking and the short one indicates where 'up' is.
If you cannot move it make sure the [ ] Lock for X/Y/Z Position in the Move-Tab is off.
If that still does not work there may be some 3rd party Plugins used in the scene that control the camera or it is linked to something in the scene that controls it.

To be able to use it (M-key) it must be set to [x] Camera On in the Camera-Tab. With it off the camera will just show black.

Can you add another camera and use it instead of the window camera? I clicked on "add atom" but
didn't see any cameras listed.
Not possible unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom