Action List Manager (ALM) for Voxta

Plugins Action List Manager (ALM) for Voxta

vaan20

Reactions
vaan20 submitted a new resource:

Action List Manager for Voxta - Allows tying Voxta inferred actions together to create a branching story

I've just finished my Action List Manager plugin and I'd like to share it with you. You can link actions into a tree of choices to build a consistent story. It supports triggers and multi-context - location/clothes/custom injecting into Voxta.

Instructions:
  • Add the plugin to the Person atom along with Voxta.
  • Define a tree like the one in the picture below linking actions together
  • Add custom contexts for those actions. The general rule is that when a field is empty it does...

Read more about this resource...

vaan20 updated Action List Manager for Voxta with a new update entry:

Release 1.2.1

Chagelist:
  • On executing and action by Voxta the action in the dropdown changes so that you can follow what comes next. It only happens on actions that have some children attached.
  • Linked actions layout and styling changed a bit
  • Added a double-click in linked actions section so that you can execute them easily. I find it extremely usable as now you'll have full navigation options. Dropdown, arrow next to action and simple execute without changing the context on the left...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Tutorial video and unlinking function names coming soon!

I'm really happy to announce that:

A new version of the Voxta plugin is coming soon and with it I'll add a small but powerful change to my plugin.
It gave me a very high success rate of action calling and the character is doing everything I ask almost always.
I'll create a tutorial video on how I'm wiring my scenes so that you'll be able to achieve the same result with yours.
I'm really happy that so many of your are using my creation and I'll gladly produce more as I have so many ideas...

Release 1.3.4

Changelog:
  • Added unlink action name from function name
  • Added demo scene
  • Created a tutorial wideo
  • Prepared a character for testing

Character for testing:

View attachment 306621

Recommended LLM model:

Timeline integration

I'm preparing an update to support integration with Timeline:
  • Timeline animations with the name VA_acton_,name will be automatically played now
  • A new type of action can be created called transition action. Only layered actions can be executed when transition animation is playing (unlocked by trigger)
  • I'm rewiring demo scene to support ALM
Stay put, it's coming. More exciting stuff is on the way as well ...

I was browsing the hub while in Vam, and came upon your plugin. I installed it, all with all dependencies loaded the demo scene, and was warned of an error message that didn't make sense. I double-checked the dependencies, and indeed they were all there. It took me about 30 minutes and then it hit me that Voxta is an entirely new venture from certain plugin creators. Please consider adding a caution at the very top of your entry stating that Voxta itself is behind a paywall.

I was browsing the hub while in Vam, and came upon your plugin. I installed it, all with all dependencies loaded the demo scene, and was warned of an error message that didn't make sense. I double-checked the dependencies, and indeed they were all there. It took me about 30 minutes and then it hit me that Voxta is an entirely new venture from certain plugin creators. Please consider adding a caution at the very top of your entry stating that Voxta itself is behind a paywall.
It's in the plugin's name mate ;) If I add a dependency for Voxta, my plugin will never show unless you select a specific option in the dropdown going through the hub. So it's either that or my plugin will never be found in VaM. I take the first solution ... sorry. Also, people tend to see the paywall as something bad. Consider spending several months of your life doing something completely for free for complete strangers. Voxta is an initiative that took a group of people a year of their life so it's only fair imho. I'll add a note to the plugin description but you know ... nobody reads them either way ;) I can also highly recommend checking Voxta out !!!

Voice input for Action List Manager

Hi guys,

When working with ALM in VR I've noticed that it's cumbersome to write "When" and "Context" text fields using a keyboard (onscreen keyboard is even worse). I've prepared a small utility that I'd like to share with you. It's a Python script that you simply launch in the background. What it would do is it'd take your voice input and paste it into any text field that you have your cursor in. It also automatically substitutes "character" with "{{char}}" and "user" with "{{user}}" so...

I'm trying to use the python script, but can't install speech recognition:

C:\Windows\system32>pip install speech_recognition
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement speech_recognition (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for speech_recognition

worked fine for pyttsx3 and pyperclip
is it this file ? https://pypi.org/project/SpeechRecognition/
so pip install SpeechRecognition ?

yeah that works
so correct command is

pip install SpeechRecognition keyboard pyperclip pyttsx3 pyaudio

thanks it's a cool script

Last edited:
I'm trying to use the python script, but can't install speech recognition:

C:\Windows\system32>pip install speech_recognition
ERROR: Could not find a version that satisfies the requirement speech_recognition (from versions: none)
ERROR: No matching distribution found for speech_recognition

worked fine for pyttsx3 and pyperclip
is it this file ? https://pypi.org/project/SpeechRecognition/
so pip install SpeechRecognition ?

yeah that works
so correct command is

pip install SpeechRecognition keyboard pyperclip pyttsx3 pyaudio

thanks it's a cool script
I've corrected the instructions, thanks

BUG: Remove action throws an error if you don't select an action to remove and constantly loops with !> Action not found by name = New Action 1 since the drop down is populated with with New Action 1, even though it seems there isn't one. I haven't even got in to figuring out how to implement it yet lol. I know, who would click remove over and over, me... but figured you might want an error handler or something to stop the default name from popping in there. I'm guess that's what's happening, and in your update code, it must be polling the selected name, which loops back to not found. Hope this helps. Man i'm so excited for this new era of VAM.

1701228962031.png
1701229015952.png

Edit: Actually it happens every time i remove an action.

Last edited:
BUG: Remove action throws an error if you don't select an action to remove and constantly loops with !> Action not found by name = New Action 1 since the drop down is populated with with New Action 1, even though it seems there isn't one. I haven't even got in to figuring out how to implement it yet lol. I know, who would click remove over and over, me... but figured you might want an error handler or something to stop the default name from popping in there. I'm guess that's what's happening, and in your update code, it must be polling the selected name, which loops back to not found. Hope this helps. Man i'm so excited for this new era of VAM.

View attachment 310539View attachment 310540
Thank you for this notice. I'll fix it in the next version.

Release 1.6.0

This is just a small incremental update that brings a functionality that has been requested and some bugfixes. I still have one more bugfix to do for @AWWalker but I need steps to reproduce.

I have something bigger planned down the line but it takes much more time to implement.
Also groups will get more meaning and will be treated as "idle state" allowing you to assign context to them.
All of this will of course come with a new tutorial video. Alita says "hi" by the way ;)...

View attachment 310539View attachment 310540
well what the hell... now i can't reproduce it... maybe something was glitchy on my end... but if i come across the steps to do it again, i'll be sure to take note... and get a vid cap of it. Maybe it was a one off whooops

Back
Top Bottom