Question A question about uploading clothing texture materials

maxiii

Reactions
Hello, everyone, I can customize the imported clothing from outside. Is it possible to control the color or texture of a certain area of the clothing independently.

For example, after I imported a pair of glasses in "custom clothing" and applied all the texture maps, is it possible to adjust the color of the frame and lens separately?

Inside VaM you have some options that depend on the clothing item.
Outside VaM you can change the textures files inside the VAR to whatever you want.

Upvote 0
When importing clothing, you have the option whether to combine materials. If when making your model you had a different material set for the frames and the lenses, then don't click combine and you will get a separate tab for each slot which you can use to colour them or change the textures. If it's an item you are importing that somone else made with only one material, you would have to add a new material slot in blender and add the faces you want to look defferent. You dont need to allocate textures etc. in blender. Once you import in vam, go to the original material and 'save to 1' in the top right, and on the new material 'restore from 1' to get the same textures in all in one click, you can then adjust colours and gloss for the separate parts.

Upvote 0
When importing clothing, you have the option whether to combine materials. If when making your model you had a different material set for the frames and the lenses, then don't click combine and you will get a separate tab for each slot which you can use to colour them or change the textures. If it's an item you are importing that somone else made with only one material, you would have to add a new material slot in blender and add the faces you want to look defferent. You dont need to allocate textures etc. in blender. Once you import in vam, go to the original material and 'save to 1' in the top right, and on the new material 'restore from 1' to get the same textures in all in one click, you can then adjust colours and gloss for the separate parts.
When I was going to ask you why you reported an error when importing, I tried again and succeeded.
Until now, I don't know how I succeeded. Previously, I divided different faces into different materials in blender, exported them as OBJ, imported them into DAZ, and then saved them. Then use VAM import. No matter how many times you import, an error will be reported.
But it succeeded in the end

Thank you very much

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom