Question I have a question about the texture of the outfit.

Yep

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Can you tell me how to make sure that the texture doesn't get messed up when making costumes?

This article used a translator.

Can you tell me how to make sure that the texture doesn't get messed up when making costumes?

This article used a translator.

You need to texture your clothes using somthing like substance painter that works in 3d and wraps to the UV of the clothing or the texture wont be perfectly alligned.

Upvote 0
You need to texture your clothes using somthing like substance painter that works in 3d and wraps to the UV of the clothing or the texture wont be perfectly alligned.
Thank you for your answer.
Texture to uv has already been completed.
3.png

I hope the part shown in the first picture comes out straight in the game.

Upvote 0
Thank you for your answer.
Texture to uv has already been completed.
View attachment 147440

I hope the part shown in the first picture comes out straight in the game.

Righto I see what you are saying, This is always going to be an issue I think... I shall tell you why! When you import clothing into vam it gets imported by linking the verts of the clothing to the nearest vert on the model. Therefore if the model is morphed so are the clothes which is what is happening to this collar. If you loaded this top onto the default model you will probably find that the collar looks correct, unfortunately there is not a lot that can be done to fix this.

One thing you can try is reopening in the clothing creator and generating the simulation data and creating a sim map for the top which will be required anyway to make the top look its best and move properly anyway. Play with the stiffness and compression resistance sliders and see if that makes things better, you might get away with it!

Upvote 0
2022-08-12 23 33 53.png

Thank you for your answer. But sometimes you see things that are really incredibly neat. Like an example photo Do you use sim for such things?

Upvote 0
CORRECTION!! The actual proper way to do this is super super advanced but will definitely work and allow the collar to be perfect regardless of the model its used on, theres a bit of trial and error.

You would need to split the collar from the top and import only the collar as a separate clothing item using the methodology in this guide :

What this guide says is to make a special morph in blender that moves the entire model except for one vert miles away from where it would be normally, this way when you import the collar it would only ever be linked to that one vert and therefore as long as that one vert is never morphed(say one vert on the back of the neck) the collar would ignore the models morphs and remain perfect.

This is how Mopedlampe imported his glasses as clothing and the stunning android clothing!

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom