Question A question about Shader quality

gameguy199

Reactions
Recently I found out my shader quality has been saved to 'low'.

but when I turned it to high, i found that my clothing no longer follows the rendering que i had set for them.
In fact changing the rendering que seems to have no more affect on the clothing at all, leaving me unable to manipulate the order clothing layers on my characters

is this normal behavior?
has anyone else encountered this?
can it be fixed or worked around?

Nice finding, I never heared about that (maybe cause most of us might have shaders on max).
Do this stay permanent if you change your settings and then doing a full reboot of VaM?
Sometimes there are some gremlins in VaM doing strange things, and on the other day they are gone (I am an eyewitness of this ;) )

Upvote 0
Nice finding, I never heared about that (maybe cause most of us might have shaders on max).
Do this stay permanent if you change your settings and then doing a full reboot of VaM?
Sometimes there are some gremlins in VaM doing strange things, and on the other day they are gone (I am an eyewitness of this ;) )

I'll take a look tonight.
I'll also see if I can snap some reference pics to better explain what's happening

But I don't think this is a one time thing. I noticed it a few times ago and initially dismissed it as a bug. Never tried turning them on high and rebooting VAM though.

I should also mention I use the plugin "give me FPS" so I suppose that could be a factor too

Upvote 0
so i did some expermenting.
turning the shader quality to high and then rebooting Vam does not fix the issue.
Neither does removing the 'Give Me FPS' addon

attached are some pictures so you can see what happens to the model and it's closed when i change the shader quality.
as well as 3 videos so you can see how the clothes react (or dont) under the different shader qualities when i start messing with the render que

Attachments

• high.png
    high.png
    788.6 KB · Views: 0
  • low.png
    low.png
    654.3 KB · Views: 0
  • medium.png
    medium.png
    788.6 KB · Views: 0
  • High-1(1).mp4
    681.8 KB
  • Low-1(1).mp4
    481.1 KB
  • Medium-1.mp4
    461.1 KB
Upvote 0
I can't open the video clips, maybe it is because of my old IPad at work. But I think I've got your issue. Thank you for your effort!
Unfortunately I have no real solution. Layered clothing never has worked that well, no need to sugarcoat this.
This is not meant as criticism, I am glad to have the clothes importer and can clearly remember the dark time before we had this. There is no collision between layers of clothes or even clothes-layers. And they will poke through each other, even if physics are not enabled. All you can do, except from changing the clothes meshes, is to set those two clothes options 'thickness' and 'clothes distance' (or how they read), or to enable physics and paint a physics map to make those overlapping parts rigid. Sometimes even this won't help for some clothes items.
Though, I never thought that adjusting the shader quality could make a change, too!
Without trying to downplay your issue, personally I maybe would not see this as a big bug, but as an other additional oddity in a long line of the somewhat fragile clothing import process.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom