Question question about hats

Yep

Featured Contributor
Reactions
Re11.png

Re22.png

Re33.png

This hat has a different option.

Is there a way to use it when I make it?

I am sorry for my poor English.

I'd never noticed this. It seems to be treating the hat as a parented custom unity asset, rather than a standard clothing item. It would be great if we could do this for other items through the clothing creator. Anyone know how this works? Is it specific to this built in item, or does the clothing creator have options I'm missing?

Upvote 0
The built in clothing items don't work the same way as imported items. They have different settings and options that aren't available for user added content.

Meshed had a lot more flexibility when adding these items in Unity. Later, when he built the clothing import function, he had to decide what features to add to a generic import function that would work in-game.

Upvote 0
The built in clothing items don't work the same way as imported items. They have different settings and options that aren't available for user added content.

Meshed had a lot more flexibility when adding these items in Unity. Later, when he built the clothing import function, he had to decide what features to add to a generic import function that would work in-game.
That's what I thought, thank you for the answer.

One thing this did make me think of earlier though, would it be possible to add the clothing creators import function to an empty atom via plugin? That way you could import a daz scene subset for assets/props or environments and still have access to the material properties in game (and not have to load a separate stationary person atom in the scene). Doing it through CUA's works, but it would be great if it were possible to do the same workflow for assets as clothing items.

Sorry to hyjack your thread slightly Yep, good question.

Upvote 0
That's what I thought, thank you for the answer.

One thing this did make me think of earlier though, would it be possible to add the clothing creators import function to an empty atom via plugin? That way you could import a daz scene subset for assets/props or environments and still have access to the material properties in game (and not have to load a separate stationary person atom in the scene). Doing it through CUA's works, but it would be great if it were possible to do the same workflow for assets as clothing items.

Sorry to hyjack your thread slightly Yep, good question.

no problem. XD

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom