Resource icon

Guides WRAPPED model into Daz then VAM!

ilovebooties

Reactions
Hades submitted a new resource:

WRAPPED model into Daz then VAM! - Part 2 to "EABA WRAPPING", In this guide we will turn the .obj into a morph then import it to VAM!

Hello again!

Welcome to my Second guide!

In this guide I'll take you through the steps of using the .obj you obtained from WRAP3D to importing it into Daz3D then turning it into a morph usable in VAM!

For this guide you'll need a couple of things like the previous one!

1. Download Daz3D Central and install it wherever you like.
  2. After Daz3D...

Read more about this resource...

Firstly, thanks for this guide. It's very well put together and a really big help.

I'm having issue with the upper jaw on my converted models.

In Daz everything looks good. I apply the morph, open the mouth to check the position of the teeth, all correctly placed.

But in VAM, I load the morph and the upper teeth are either far down pushing the lower teeth out of place, or even positioned up inside the head.

Any ideas what is causing this?

sure: you need the Morph Fixer to fix eyeballs and jaws and tongue. Then you may need to adjust the tongue colliders and jaw colliders or disable "Jaw Collision". A good tool for editing is the Collider Editor. I can tell you what colliders mostly cause trouble or you just send me your model and I have a look over it.

Had been painfully there where you are now...

Last edited:
sure: you need the Morph Fixer to fix eyeballs and jaws and tongue. Then you may need to adjust the tongue colliders and jaw colliders or disable "Jaw Collision". A good tool for editing is the Collider Editor. I can tell you what colliders mostly cause trouble or you just send me your model and I have a look over it.

Had been painfully there where you are now...

Thanks for the link to the Morph Fixer! I can't believe I hadn't found that already. That helped sort things out. I checked all colliders in the head and found no issue there thank goodness.

So is the inaccuracy with the eyes and jaw just something to be expected? or is there some way to avoid it? I thought it was something I was doing wrong on my end.

Eyes mismatch usually refers to size change in DAZ, i.e. in case you go below 100% size and / or change head proportions. Eyeball or eye morphs in VAM correct these issue. Be aware however that changing the eyeball size so they fit the sockets result in a way too big iris. But there's also a "realistic iris" or similar morph that reduces the iris size while the eyeball / sclera fits the eyeball opening in the face.

Check if the tongue comes out realistically and the mouth closes again. As I usually like my atoms a little bit smaller in appearance so I had to mess around the colliders quite a bit.

Thanks! Managed to sort the eyes using some Iris morphs like you mentioned. Tongue collision was also a problem on some models with smaller heads as you also said, but sorted that with some slight adjustments in the collider editior.

Thought I was done, but nope, found another issue.

The hands are messed up! or should I say they are messed up when you try to apply a morph that grasps or closes. The thumb and fingers twist as if they have no idea where to go. I'm currently playing with the rigging in Daz, but no luck as of yet.

Have you encountered this issue?

yes, I had some spider like fingers on my early models but haven't encountered this anymore. It's something with the rigging, right, remember to put all the models into T-Pose, the G8 tends to spawn in A-Pose. As always, if you got stuck, send me the model and I can look over it.

Yeah, it's the rigging. I did indeed have the model in an A pose, so when I auto rigged it threw the rotations of the thumbs/fingers all out of alignment.

I had to redo all of them manually, which was a massive pain.

I tried changing from A to T before exporting, then when I imported after wrapping I used the auto rigging leaving the "Adjust orientation" off, and bingo it worked. No more f**ked hands.

Got there in the end. Thanks for your help!

Back
Top Bottom