• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Wrap Clothing to Custom Shape - Or Corrective Clothing Morphs

ClockwiseSilver

Featured Contributor
Reactions
I've been scanning the forum to see if this has already been requested or is already possible, so apologies if I'm duplicating a thread :)

A lot of my custom characters are curvy. I sculpt custom morphs in Blender. I've had some trouble with clothing around the thighs, glutes, and belly getting distorted when more extreme morphs are applied to the lower body. I have learned to compensate somewhat by trying to avoid moving verts vertically in the problem areas, but that can be difficult to avoid sometimes.

So my request is this: Would it be possible on clothing import to wrap to a custom shape rather than to default G2? This may already be possible, but if it's not, I think that could help. The clothing could be fit to the figure morph in an external app and then wrapped to the custom morph in VaM. I know this would result in clothing that only looked right on one type of figure shape, but it strikes me as possibly easier than option 2, which would be...

Corrective clothing morphs? I'm not sure if this is just way off the table, but being able to apply morphs to clothing could address this issue and open up some other possibilities besides. I know this might strain performance, but maybe clothing morphs could be baked after being applied to avoid a performance tax.

At any rate, just some suggestions. Thanks!!!

I actually noticed this is a big issue wish shoes too, and morphs affecting feet, which causes the toes to collapse in. Corrective clothing morphs would fix that, though in the case of shoes, it might be better to treat them like CUAs, since they're supposed to be one solid shape, with perhaps different scales for different people.

I actually noticed this is a big issue wish shoes too, and morphs affecting feet, which causes the toes to collapse in. Corrective clothing morphs would fix that, though in the case of shoes, it might be better to treat them like CUAs, since they're supposed to be one solid shape, with perhaps different scales for different people.

Yeah, I've since learned that what I was asking for with wrapping to morphed verts is already possible :-D I don't know how I overlooked such an obvious checkbox (lol!). But corrective morphs would still be super helpful. As is, if something is wrapping well, I'll smooth it in Daz and export-reimport the smoothed obj, save that back out as clothing, then wrap to morphed verts. It definitely helps with the way the waists on pants line up (a lot of my hip/glute morphs would cause waistlines on clothing to become skewed/jagged).

Yeah, I've since learned that what I was asking for with wrapping to morphed verts is already possible :-D I don't know how I overlooked such an obvious checkbox (lol!). But corrective morphs would still be super helpful. As is, if something is wrapping well, I'll smooth it in Daz and export-reimport the smoothed obj, save that back out as clothing, then wrap to morphed verts. It definitely helps with the way the waists on pants line up (a lot of my hip/glute morphs would cause waistlines on clothing to become skewed/jagged).
When it comes to shoes, even the "Wrapping to smoothed vertices" or whatever the option is doesn't actually help

Hi, If you do some special clothes for one of your custom figure, there is a way to fit them to this figure only.
But viceversa those clothes will be distortet with the standard G2.

-Make a morph-merge of your custom figure and export the morph to DAZ.
-In DAZ open G2 and use your morph on it.
-Fit your clothes to this morphed figure (obviously this only works with your own imported stuff).
-Save the clothes in DAZ like usual.
-In VaM load your custom figure and use the clothes importer with the newly prepared clothes on it.

I have used this as I have converted special sets of DAZ clothes for some of my more extremely distorted looks like anime girls.
This will work with non full-body morphs, too. I did that for shoes with my favorite custom foot morphs, for instance.

Hi, If you do some special clothes for one of your custom figure, there is a way to fit them to this figure only.
But viceversa those clothes will be distortet with the standard G2.

-Make a morph-merge of your custom figure and export the morph to DAZ.
-In DAZ open G2 and use your morph on it.
-Fit your clothes to this morphed figure (obviously this only works with your own imported stuff).
-Save the clothes in DAZ like usual.
-In VaM load your custom figure and use the clothes importer with the newly prepared clothes on it.

I have used this as I have converted special sets of DAZ clothes for some of my more extremely distorted looks like anime girls.
This will work with non full-body morphs, too. I did that for shoes with my favorite custom foot morphs, for instance.

Hello I'm new to all of these stuffs and have been trying to follow your instruction here. But after I fit the clothes into G2 male with morph slider at full then delete the G2 model before saving, the clothes just pop back as if it's only fitted to the base G2 without morph. It feels like it doesn't matter whether I activate thy custom morph on the G2 male.

My custom morph is nothing unique or special, just some body definition and abs, but apparently it breaks the imported clothes a lot! Many thanks!

I figured a process that works for making custom fit clothes for your character. Export the character as a DAZ morph. Then deform the clothes to your character in DAZ using morphs or dforce. Then export the deformed clothing item with the character hidden as an OBJ with DAZ as the scale. Then open a new scene, reimport the OBJ again with DAZ as the scale. Save this is as a scene subset. Then go into Clothing Creator and import with "Wrap to Morphed Verts" enabled. Fits like a glove.

Back
Top Bottom