Winter Loft

Broshido

Reactions
Patreon
senorcafe
Broshido submitted a new resource:

Winter Loft - A cozy loft in the dead of winter.

A winter loft from Sketchfab, made by Elin. The living room and bedroom lights have buttons to turn them on/off.

Required Resources:

NoStage3.UnityAssetVamifier.20

Optional Resources:
Beds 101 v1 by hazmhox

*First image taken using MacGruber's PostMagic* The rest of the screenshots have no filter.

View attachment 28364
[ATTACH...

Read more about this resource...

Really well done man. That is super cool! I am just learning how to convert sketchfab models to VAM. Trying to work my way up to whole environments. I DLed a few but none of the textures will load properly. Can you point me to any guides or tutorials you may have used to learn?

Really well done man. That is super cool! I am just learning how to convert sketchfab models to VAM. Trying to work my way up to whole environments. I DLed a few but none of the textures will load properly. Can you point me to any guides or tutorials you may have used to learn?

That's actually a stumbling block for me as well, I've been sort of getting by on a tutorial by Master Roshi VR.

There is also a lot of good information concerning the creation of unity assetbundles by MacGruber.
https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/unity-assetbundles-for-vam-1-xx.167/

My current workflow for converting models once I have unity open starts with a copy of the .fbx and a folder with the textures in my Assets folder.

I click on the .fbx file to bring up the import settings in the inspector window.
unity1.PNG

In the materials tab, you can choose to extract materials which will generate a material for each object.
unity2.PNG

I've never been able to get the materials generated to automatically import their corresponding textures such as albedo, metallic, etc. And so, once I generate the materials I usually assign textures by hand to the material and then make sure the materials are assigned to all the the correct objects in the scene. This assets folder is a bit messy with texture/materials folders because I had to use some of my own materials for the bedroom. The original asset didn't actually have floors or handrailing up there so I used a few cubes and planes to patch up any see through spots.
unity3.PNG

There is probably a simpler solution to this, but I haven't found one yet.

Oh man Thanks!! This is exactly what I need to progress! I didn't knoiw about either of these tutorials. Can't express how much I appreciate it.

Back
Top Bottom