Will a Macbook pro with an M2 chip (or recently announced M3 chip) be powerful enough to run VAM?

Solstice

Reactions
Will a Macbook pro with an M2 chip (or recently announced M3 chip) be powerful enough to run VAM?

Of course I'll be using Parallels or something that will allow Windows to run on macOS.

Last edited:
Forget it. An regular M2 GPU does only 3.6 Teraflops. If you look at an RTX3070 desktop card, which is an almost 3 year old mid-range GPU...that has 20.3 Teraflops! Comparing Teraflops is not exactly game performance, but it's still a good indication. The RTX3070 would be more than 5 times faster! Sure, you could get an M2 Ultra with 27.2 Teraflops, but I doubt you want to spend that kind of money for that little power...you rather go for an RTX4090, which goes with 82.5 Teraflops.

Apple may be good in the mobile sector, energy efficiency and whatever....and good at marketing....but their machines don't have much power, especially considering the price.

Forget it. An regular M2 GPU does only 3.6 Teraflops. If you look at an RTX3070 desktop card, which is an almost 3 year old mid-range GPU...that has 20.3 Teraflops! Comparing Teraflops is not exactly game performance, but it's still a good indication. The RTX3070 would be more than 5 times faster! Sure, you could get an M2 Ultra with 27.2 Teraflops, but I doubt you want to spend that kind of money for that little power...you rather go for an RTX4090, which goes with 82.5 Teraflops.

Apple may be good in the mobile sector, energy efficiency and whatever....and good at marketing....but their machines don't have much power, especially considering the price.

Thanks for that. I'll go with a PC equipped with an RTX4090 instead.

You'll have fun with that, great choice. Dont forget a strong CPU, 12700(K) or 13700(K) would be my advice.

Back
Top Bottom