Can VAM be used to create a game?

capta134

Reactions
I want to know if VAM has the capability to create a game.

For example is it possible to use it create a simple Dart throwing game?

yes... 'potentially' :unsure:

When it comes to VaM only real limit is your own creativity....and if/when you hit the 'wall'...you work around it. 😉
It all depends how you wanna/gonna implement it.
...maybe some colision triggers on board that activates 'dart' state position 'on' (on hit/collision to keep dart's in place)?
..some reset triggers to pick/remove darts of board...
..some counting logic system behind...
..idk, just quick brainstorming....

There are some minigames on hub, take pool game for example:
Does VaM have the capability is not the right question...better question would be...are you up for a challenge? 😅

For example is it possible to use it create a simple Dart throwing game?
After reply i decided to mess around with the idea a bit...it might be possible...but not ideal for desktop mode, maybe better suited for vr.
cucumber1.jpg
cucumber2.jpg

Attachments

• 1645829317.json
    34.5 KB · Views: 0
I wrote a puzzle/horror game (or started to) and you can try it, it's in free scenes on the hub.
There is a fighting game (or two?) already that people did some work on.
It's basically a Unity sandbox, you can do pretty much anything in C# scripts, so really it's how good at coding are you.

Nice. I already know C# , how to access VAM C# interface? where to start? Any IDE?

I tried PluginBuilder in Visual studio but errors out on compile.
Probably wrong IDE.

You don't compile it.
The scripts in VaM are just the plaintext file named .cs
You then load and attach that .cs to the object in game. You can (and should) of course use an editor aware of C# but I just use notepad on windows half the time.

I recommend you check out some of the guides here and look at existing plugins .cs files to get an idea of what's going on. You will need to get your head around how VaM works and how the script interacts with other atoms etc but if you already know C# it shouldn't be hard at all.
But yeah, no compiling. Just drop the .cs in vam/custom/scripts and use it.

Back
Top Bottom