How to be a successful VaM creator (financially)?

If you're in for the money : do average sex loops, once per week. Or do looks (hoping you're extremely talented). At some point, you'll get at least a tiny bit of audience.
If your goal is anything but that (plugins, enviro, sound, VFX, extremely high quality scenes with months/weeks of work...) you're in for a disappointment.

Yes this has always been a shame. As a creator I make it my responsibility to support the plugin creators that make my work possible. I'd totally sign up to your patreon hazmhox, if you had one. But even so, I can't express how much I enjoy your work, it really is invaluable to me. That goes for Acid, MacGruber and the rest. You all deserve more.

If you ever want to be stunned by what makes a successful Patreon you should check out the adult visual novel space. I'm afraid you might have opened the flood gates with your latest plugin:ROFLMAO: In all seriousness though, I can't wait to mess around with VAMStory as soon as I'm done with the scene I am currently working on.

Yes this has always been a shame. As a creator I make it my responsibility to support the plugin creators that make my work possible. I'd totally sign up to your patreon hazmhox, if you had one. But even so, I can't express how much I enjoy your work, it really is invaluable to me. That goes for Acid, MacGruber and the rest. You all deserve more.

Couldn't agree more. Yesterday I started putting the story in VAM, and gratitude may have been the emotion I felt the most while I was at it. It's really a shame that those who do this essential work don't have the support they deserve.

If you ever want to be stunned by what makes a successful Patreon you should check out the adult visual novel space. I'm afraid you might have opened the flood gates with your latest plugin:ROFLMAO:

I remember a GDC video of a guy analyzing the amount of sales on Steam by genre and the guy said he was surprised to find that visual novels, in general, have an unexpectedly good sales numbers. 🤣

Last edited:
With out the creators and contributors, I would probably not even bother. I could not learn, nor build this stuff on my own. I would maybe try it for a while, then get bored and quit. Now everyday, there is new high quality FREE stuff! And even more for even higher quality paid stuff. What a joy it is! Skyrim and Fallout are the same way, without modders, they are no where near the games they are. And they have 1000s of mods. It would be interesting to see the total number of VAM creator patrons compared to Meshed VR patrons.

My personal advice for you is simply: Do what you love and nothing is holding you back. The moment I started with VaM years ago I got headache from the steep learning curve lol but I simply refused to release anything I am personally not 100% proud off. I didn't care if creator XY releases 5 scenes / looks a week while I was crawling at a rate of 2-3 scenes per month. Quality over quantity - from day 1 until today. Sadly I have to agree that quantity is a selling point for the majority. But also this will change. The market is pretty much saturated with low effort content. I saw creators coming in trying to make a quick buck and quickly disappeared after being crushed by other quick buck makers. The market regulates itself and will always do.

If you have a dream - go for it. But whatever you do, do it with passion and effor. Maybe not today - but in the future it will come back to you. Build up a network of people having the same targets like you have or at least the same spirit ;)

My personal advice for you is simply: Do what you love and nothing is holding you back. The moment I started with VaM years ago I got headache from the steep learning curve lol but I simply refused to release anything I am personally not 100% proud off. I didn't care if creator XY releases 5 scenes / looks a week while I was crawling at a rate of 2-3 scenes per month. Quality over quantity - from day 1 until today. Sadly I have to agree that quantity is a selling point for the majority. But also this will change. The market is pretty much saturated with low effort content. I saw creators coming in trying to make a quick buck and quickly disappeared after being crushed by other quick buck makers. The market regulates itself and will always do.

If you have a dream - go for it. But whatever you do, do it with passion and effor. Maybe not today - but in the future it will come back to you. Build up a network of people having the same targets like you have or at least the same spirit ;)

I agree with you. I said I was going to make stories but I decided to make plugins after all, since that's the kind of stuff I love to do. I'm a bit worried because it will be a bit difficult to maintain a good release rate, but whatever. At this time I'm trying to make particle-based cumshots that are more realistic than what currently exists in VAM. I hope people will like it.

Last edited:
I've been making request for free for a little while now and not wanted to set up a patreon. I'll spend hours of my time modeling something I care about for free to make people happy, but I won't model something I don't care about for a few pennies an hour.
That being said, I've noticed no one has asked the obvious question.
If there is a horny millionaire reading this, can you pay me an eye watering sum of money to do what I'm going to keep doing anyway?

You simply have to look at one of the most insane dev of the community, Acid. He has under 150 patreons and yet releases the best plugins around here.
It is almost a crime that Timeline has 3 million + downloads and yet so few people contribute to Acid.

It is almost a crime that Timeline has 3 million + downloads and yet so few people contribute to Acid.
I wonder what % of patreon creators use his Timeline in their paid scenes, actually contribute to him, even if it was just for one month? Someone should start a GoFund me page ASAP, even at $1, enough contributions would add up. He should have a quick popup every time its first used in a scene with the GoFund me url. I admit I have not contributed yet, but will work him into my rotation, as I am currently maxed out on Patreon! (by the way, I did contribute to you Vihper for a few months in the past, I am pretty sure)

Back
Top Bottom