Question Why is there no URL option for customized head audio clip via trigger?

Reactions
Sorry for this silly question, but why is there no custom audio clip source for audio play in person's head audio source? What can I do if I want to trigger a customized head audio play with a collision trigger?

(an additional not-so-important question: is there a build-in/plug-in that allows us to play audio clips randomly from a folder?)

no web source.jpg

The name is a bit misleading.
URL doesn't neccessarily mean "from internet" in this case, but "others than those included sound clips".
You first have to add sound clips to the audio-tab in the main-scene menue (where you find the user options, too).
After doing this, you will see some entries at that selection box.

Here is the Wiki entry for audio:

Upvote 0
is there a build-in/plug-in that allows us to play audio clips randomly from a folder?)

To answer this part of the question:
Yes, there are several plugins that selects and add audio clips.
AudioBulkLoader, RandomWhateveritwascalled, aso.
These were one of the first things that were done by plugins.
I don't know how many of them have managed the migration to the hub, or are lost in the depths of Reddid.
You may want to search the Ressources and the VaM-directory https://directory.vamresources.com/
for keywords like "sound" and "audio".

Upvote 0
To answer this part of the question:
Yes, there are several plugins that selects and add audio clips.
AudioBulkLoader, RandomWhateveritwascalled, aso.
These were one of the first things that were done by plugins.
I don't know how many of them have managed the migration to the hub, or are lost in the depths of Reddid.
You may want to search the Ressources and the VaM-directory https://directory.vamresources.com/
for keywords like "sound" and "audio".

I found this [Plugin] Random audio + bulk load fusion (from VAMDeluxe) : VAMscenes (reddit.com)

but unfortunately it was removed on Reddit (which seems to happen frequently there...)

"RandomWhateveritwascalled"a real plugin name or just that you didn't remember the specific name haha?:p

Upvote 0
I found this [Plugin] Random audio + bulk load fusion (from VAMDeluxe) : VAMscenes (reddit.com)

but unfortunately it was removed on Reddit (which seems to happen frequently there...)

"RandomWhateveritwascalled"a real plugin name or just that you didn't remember the specific name haha?:p

LOL, I am an old guy with poor names-memory.

Yes, older plugins from the time before the Hub frequently fade away and are lost.
Many old users have them still in their local collection... maybe someone should create an "oldy-but-goldy" sampler.

Have you tried this one? It is one of those "swiss army knife tools" and not as simple as a random audio loader/player, but maybe you like it?

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom