Question What can I do when 'control' of a CUA created through Unity is far from the object itself?

Reactions
Recently when I created a customized Unity asset and loaded it into my scene, I found the control of the object is too far away from the object itself. How do I fix this issue in Unity (the pivot control perfectly aligns with the object in Unity and I really can't find an issue there!) or VaM.

Can anyone point me what I missed in Unity OR
Is there a VaM plugin to detach, move and retach the control to CUA?

This happens to a couple of asset I used from sketchfab. Can anyone try the one below to see if you have the same issue after rescaling it to normal size relative to human:

Last edited:
The position of the control in VaM will be what 0/0/0 is in Unity. Same for rotation.
Yes but I have set basically every parts of the object in Unity to be at position zero. Is it the problem of the scale? The part I don't understand the scale of rootnodes for " gltf orientation matrix"and "model orientation matrix". Are they scales relavant?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
" gltf orientation matrix"and "model orientation matrix".
Not sure what you mean by that. Sure, Unity uses matrices internally, but you don't see them anywhere directly unless you mess with shaders.

All position/rotation/scale counts. Select the prefab in your Unity project folder and edit its position/rotation/scale. The final position is all things applied to each other. The position of the CUA, the position of the prefab, the position of the things inside the prefab.

Upvote 0
The pivot point on the model may have been incorrectly positioned initially. In this case, you can try to create an empty object in Unity, place it in 0,0,0, align the model with respect to this dummy and make it child.

Upvote 0
Hi Harold,
don't put multiple objects/hierarchies in the top level of the Unity hierarchy-tree.
This will also lead to some additional issues in VaM, like moving only a part of the asset, etc.
At the Unity hierarchy-tree: create a single top level entry or object, and parent everything else below that.
Set that top level entry to the zero point. Now move down in your hierarchy and place the other parts around that point.
If you have set that top level entry to (0,0,0), and arrange all parented parts of the asset around that, the CUA control in VaM should be displayed correctly.

Upvote 0
While reading my post again, I understand that Molmark allready said that before, but with less words. Lol

Upvote 0
I always put a sphere at 0 0 0 to see where my center is at then delete it before the assetbundle creation

Upvote 0
Does anyone know a good way to change the root node location for a CUA object without having to rebuild in unity? Specifically I want the ability to change the rotation point for a CUA room environment so that it isn't flying off center all over the place when I rotate around the model/other atoms.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom