Weird transparency issues.

FreakazoidRobot

Reactions
I'm new to VAM, but I seem to have figured out how to save and load look presets including CUA manager triggers. However, one problem I'm consistently running into with many (but not all) models I download are transparencies showing up in weird and unintended ways. So for example, OniEkohvius' Jessica Rabbit's skirt is transparent against the background, but not against her body. Some objects are transparent only from certain viewing angles, as if the program isn't set to display both sides of mesh planes. Even some watertight objects have this problem or alternatively look kind of like the normals are flipped.

Also, on a seperate issue, I'm having trouble where sometimes downloaded models have the wrong hair color, and I can't figure out how to change hair color in general except for the roots.

Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

See this thread, could be shader quality setting (or broken content, of course)

See this thread, could be shader quality setting (or broken content, of course)

Oh my God, thank you. My graphics were set on "low" and switching them to "medium" fixed the problem completely. I can't believe I spent hours messing with the texture settings trying to fix this and the solution was so simple. I think this also fixed the issue I was having with the hair.

If I can ask one more quick question, is there a way to change hair color in VAM? I look under hair in edit mode but didn't see anything obvious.

Hair color can be changed on the Lighting tab. The root color, tip color and rolloff make the biggest difference in color. Play with the dials. :)

Thanks! It turns out that you can't change hair color on low graphics settings either, lol. I kind of feel like VAM should just remove the low graphics options completely and just raise the minimum requirements for running the program, because it's basically unuseable.

Back
Top Bottom