Need Help Troubleshooting Inverted Textures.

ThatPizzaGuy

Reactions
As the title says: I'm having issues with certain clothing assets and some custom unity assets displaying their textures inside-out. I'm fairly new to VAM and lack the experience to know what's going on here or how to fix it.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

You can see the head, arms, jacket, etc are all layered improperly and inside-out.
image_2023-03-13_153459008.png

This is the case with a majority of atoms with custom clothing.
1678739953228.png

Along with a generous amount of artifacts.
1678740133436.png

Especially prevalent on atoms that, through plugins, hide most/all of the base character's model.
1678740241241.png

Thanks in advance for any help.

Looks like a backface-culling issue. For performance reasons triangles facing away from the camera are not rendered. This is determined by looking at whether the vertices of a triangle are ordered clockwise or counter-clockwise as seen from the camera.

The assets that have this problem likely have the vertices stored in the wrong order. When exporting from whatever software the meshes are coming from, look for an option to "flip normals" or something similar named. I think this can be fixed on Unity-side as well, but not easily.

I don't think that @ThatPizzaGuy is doing the importing, just what he's getting in VARs from the hub, @MacGruber.
Could you confirm if these are all VARs from the hub, @ThatPizzaGuy, and link a couple of them?

What are your VaM settings like, very low?

Correct. As I stated I'm fairly new to VAM and have just been importing from the hub. As for my settings I would say low-to-medium.

1st image from:
2nd image from:
3rd image from:
4th image from:

VaM is very demanding on hardware, and if your system is very weak and you've been compromising a lot on everything there may not be much one can do about it without making scenes unplayable.

For example, in your user preferences, what's your Shader Quality choice? If you increase it to medium or high, does the clothing above look more as expected?
Try also the Pixel Light Count to be 2 or over. Disable GiveMeFPS if you're using it.

1676043378726-png.210312

What's your system specs?

VaM is very demanding on hardware, and if your system is very weak and you've been compromising a lot on everything there may not be much one can do about it without making scenes unplayable.

For example, in your user preferences, what's your Shader Quality choice? If you increase it to medium or high, does the clothing above look more as expected?
Try also the Pixel Light Count to be 2 or over. Disable GiveMeFPS if you're using it.

1676043378726-png.210312

What's your system specs?

It seems it was set to custom quality settings by default, with everything set roughly-medium settings except the shader quality which was set to low. This appears to have been the issue as models and their clothing are now appearing as intended.
1678824862754.png
1678824924205.png

Your help is very much appreciated!
It would've likely taken me ages to think of checking the shader settings.
Cheers lad!

Back
Top Bottom