• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
View2Atom v0.5 (easily making camride)

Plugins View2Atom v0.5 (easily making camride)

14mhz

Reactions
14mhz submitted a new resource:

View2Atom v1 (easily making camride) - It moves Player View to a specific Atom location (like camera), Atom location to Player View, either

This plugin moves Player View to a specific Atom location (like camera), Atom location to Player View, either on load or with a trigger.

Add the plugin to an empty, and align the Player View towards where you want the player to look. and then press 'Fit View2Atom' Button or Shorcut key. If you want to restore location view, press 'Fit Atom2View' Button or Sorcut key.

Using this tool, you can create a cam-ride movie very easily.

This var file contains a example file...

Read more about this resource...

14mhz updated View2Atom (easily making camride) with a new update entry:

View2Atom v0.2 (easily making camride)

View2Atom v0.2 released
- support GUI HUD
- support 10-CamView
- etc,

Hi,
So sorry, :) I'm busy with other things, so I will write a detailed guide and post it sometime this week.
for simple example, right click on the button, then the color changes to red.
change a camera view, then Just left-click to save the view.

View attachment 361304

Sample Video #1
View attachment 361305

Sample Video #2
View attachment 361306

Sample Video #3
[ATTACH...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi What am I doing wrong
The character himself is moving, not the camera

Replying here since you can't reply to reviews as a user x)

Pretty sure your naming is correct now, atom2view should be atom moving to the view and view2atom should be the view moving.

I personally only need the ability to save views and execute them via trigger and the camera moving to it. So I can implement predetermined camera anlges in my scene.

The problem I was getting at didn't have to do with the naming in that sense, it has to do with the triggers not triggering the correct view, they trigger the view above. So triggering view 1 triggers view 2, triggering view 2 triggers view 3 and so on. There's no way to trigger view 1 since there's no trigger action for view 0.

Replying here since you can't reply to reviews as a user x)

Pretty sure your naming is correct now, atom2view should be atom moving to the view and view2atom should be the view moving.

I personally only need the ability to save views and execute them via trigger and the camera moving to it. So I can implement predetermined camera anlges in my scene.

The problem I was getting at didn't have to do with the naming in that sense, it has to do with the triggers not triggering the correct view, they trigger the view above. So triggering view 1 triggers view 2, triggering view 2 triggers view 3 and so on. There's no way to trigger view 1 since there's no trigger action for view 0.
Im so sorry. I have fixed the bug and will include it in the next version. after downloading the attached file, change the extension to .var and use it. (because .var upload is not possible)

Attachments

• 14mhz.Plugin-View2Atom-bugfix.4.txt
    195.1 KB · Views: 0
Hey. Great plugin and idea - and very well executed. One thing I have struggled with using this is how to position the view for a smooth cam ride effect.

I wonder if there could be a feature to help create, position or re-position views, for example:
* In a circle or ellipse around the target atom (with an adjustable number of points and radius)
* Ability to fix the distance and relative angles from the target when placing views
* Ability to lock view height when placing views
* Right, Left, Forward, Back, Top and Bottom views relative to a specific atom / world space - with adjustable distance from target
* More precise movement tools that can move or rotate a view's transform by a specific amount in any direction
* Ability to align a view to another atom's transform
* Auto generate a Timeline from current views (save the manual effort)

Hope those suggestions are helpful!

Keep up the great work.

Hey. Great plugin and idea - and very well executed. One thing I have struggled with using this is how to position the view for a smooth cam ride effect.

I wonder if there could be a feature to help create, position or re-position views, for example:
* In a circle or ellipse around the target atom (with an adjustable number of points and radius)
* Ability to fix the distance and relative angles from the target when placing views
* Ability to lock view height when placing views
* Right, Left, Forward, Back, Top and Bottom views relative to a specific atom / world space - with adjustable distance from target
* More precise movement tools that can move or rotate a view's transform by a specific amount in any direction
* Ability to align a view to another atom's transform
* Auto generate a Timeline from current views (save the manual effort)

Hope those suggestions are helpful!

Keep up the great work.
That's good idea ! I'll consider your request.
Thank you

Hey 14mhz, super awesome plugin!! Do you know if it's possible to just move the atom to saved location without changing current view?

For example, I have no problem triggering a view change using "AtomFitToViewXX". However, doing this would force my current view to the location of the atom as well. Bascially, I'm trying to move the atom (which your plugin is bind to) to certain locations without changing my view. It's probably not what the plugin was designed for, but I find it very cool if I could store up to 100 different locations and let the atom move around among those locations!

Any thought?

Hey 14mhz, super awesome plugin!! Do you know if it's possible to just move the atom to saved location without changing current view?

For example, I have no problem triggering a view change using "AtomFitToViewXX". However, doing this would force my current view to the location of the atom as well. Bascially, I'm trying to move the atom (which your plugin is bind to) to certain locations without changing my view. It's probably not what the plugin was designed for, but I find it very cool if I could store up to 100 different locations and let the atom move around among those locations!

Any thought?
I too have had the same thought.
For example, when a person's location changes, can the setting be safely moved to another location while maintaining the proportions of the well setting lighting groups?
Another example is whether it would be possible to (just simply) throw an object or make a car move (without a timeline...) ?
Thank you for giving me such a great idea. If it is to be implemented, the following procedures are considered necessary.
- Select one or multiple Atom to move.
- Settings must be possible for each of +100 or more stored locations.
- It should be possible to select a single Atom or multiple Atoms (Atom Group) to be moved through the UI.
- If it is a multiple atom, the center point of the corresponding part is created virtually. (UI complexity is likely to increase, needs to be completely new UI)
- Additionally, the movement of the atom must be able to be called externally through a trigger. (100 over triggers ...)
- In particular, movement must support instantaneous movement and movement by time sequentially.
- When moving sequentially, it must be possible to set the movement time, and the amount of movement (or time) must be set through the Bezier curve.

In conclusion, there are no problems with implementation.
I'm a bit busy with other things, so if you give me about some time (a month ???) , I'll try to implement it.

Thank you to amazing scene artist 'VAMSOY' for the great idea.

Last edited:
- Select one or multiple Atom to move.
- Settings must be possible for each of +100 or more stored locations.
- It should be possible to select a single Atom or multiple Atoms (Atom Group) to be moved through the UI.
- If it is a multiple atom, the center point of the corresponding part is created virtually. (UI complexity is likely to increase, needs to be completely new UI)
- Additionally, the movement of the atom must be able to be called externally through a trigger. (100 over triggers ...)
- In particular, movement must support instantaneous movement and movement by time sequentially.
- When moving sequentially, it must be possible to set the movement time, and the amount of movement (or time) must be set through the Bezier curve.
Wow, this is a lot more well thought out than what I had in mind! Definitely going to be a game changer!
Take your time and looking forward to it :D

Back
Top Bottom