EasyPose BioRigs - Pose Your Sexy Models Easily, Without Explosions

EasyPose BioRigs - Pose Your Sexy Models Easily, Without Explosions

AppetiteVisual

Reactions
Patreon
AppetiteVisual
AppetiteVisual submitted a new resource:

EasyPose BioRigs - Pose Your Sexy Models Easily, Without Explosions - My biomechanics models will let you play the VaM sandbox you wanted to play, and save you time!

Hello and welcome to another AppetiteVisual resource! As a reference for this posing resource, please see my first guide on how to pose models using a biomechanics theory model, at:

This will explain to you the theory, give some examples of how to pose your models using the rigs, and so on!

This resource...

Read more about this resource...

I do like the way these rigs are set up (though maybe it makes more sense to slave the knees to the hips instead of the neck? idk). Only issue is that Timeline doesn't seem to like links very much, perhaps I'm doing something wrong there.

On a similar note, VAM is a bit opaque so I could be wrong, but I don't think linking a control node to a different node does anything unless the node is set to Parent Link or Physics Link. In other words, "Comply" seems to behave the same, whether the node is linked or not.

Thanks! You could certainly try that. The logic in the rigs is a bit different. Anything that is "On," is something that can argue. Something on "Comply" argues less. There are some string puppet devices where you push subtly on one point that controls something like a neck, and all 4 limbs follow the response of that point's string.

The parenting chains are there first and foremost so you can keep track of your atoms, and more importantly, see a visualization of the suggestion you're making to the physics system. You can see the springs/strings/physical forces you are applying to your model, and this is super important and what will save you the most time.

In my original guide, I described how, with the athlete rig, you can turn all atoms that are parent linked to the neck, to parent link mode, and then pick up the person by the neck and move them around the scene, retaining the pose. This is similar to Doll Mode in the 3-pose resource.

VaM is a bit opaque, and there are subtleties to things. Check out the Wiki and there is some explanation about the physics. I am still learning and have a lot more to learn. In short, the green dots (control nodes) and the physics objects (body parts) are two separate things. When something is in Comply mode, the node will move as a result of the physical forces on it after it is positioned. This is part of how we get "biomechanically accurate" poses and movement. How much it complies has to do with its comply settings for hold, rotate etc- how much it yields to or resists physical forces.

Hope that's interesting.

Back
Top Bottom