• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!
Video Renderer for 3D VR180, VR360 and Flat 2D & Audio + BVH Animation Recorder

Plugins Video Renderer for 3D VR180, VR360 and Flat 2D & Audio + BVH Animation Recorder

If you want to create something like a mouse-eye or bugs-eye view of a scene you shrink the IPD of the cameras. You can even control the IPD value of the plugin as a value in Timeline.

I didn't realize IPD would do this, will try it out, thanks for your response!

I've been trying out this plugin and the quality results are very impressive. The final animations look identical to what I see in VaM, whereas when I use OBS to record video there always seems to be something a bit off.

I tried the process of adding the plugin to an "Empty" atom and it worked fine, even when I added Timeline to the Empty atom to animate some camera movement. When I tried doing this with the window camera instead of an Empty atom the results came out very jerky. Wondering if anyone else noticed this and if it is normal.

Not a problem with the Plugin, but I hope someone can help. When trying to add the wav file to avidemux I get an error saying "cannot find a muxer for file". I was sure it worked a couple months ago and now it just wont take any audio file.

Not a problem with the Plugin, but I hope someone can help. When trying to add the wav file to avidemux I get an error saying "cannot find a muxer for file". I was sure it worked a couple months ago and now it just wont take any audio file.
I think avidemux wants an mp3 file, not a wav file. I convert wav to mp3 using Audacity, which is free.

I think avidemux wants an mp3 file, not a wav file. I convert wav to mp3 using Audacity, which is free.
Thanks for the reply, solved but not just by converting the audio. The guide on the plugin overview says just to drag over the wav file but that wasn't working for any audio format.

Worked by going to Audio -> Select Track, enabling an audio track, and importing the file through the the dialogue box there.

Last edited:
Fantastic plugin! Thanks for taking the time to make it. I wrote a quick and dirty python script to automate making a movie. If you have ffmpeg already installed it works ok. You should just be able to plop it down in the .\Saves\VR_Renders\ directory and run it from there.

Link to script:
makemoviejpg.py <-- JPG source version. python and ffmpeg required
makemoviepng.py <--PNG source version.

Basicly it scans the directory for directories with the yyyymmdd-hhmmss format and lists them, You choose the one you want, then it scans the image resolution and presents you with a list of output options including the source resolution. then you choose the frame rate for the output. Hope it helps someone.

1678069976946.png

Attachments

• 1678069909770.png
    1678069909770.png
    5.2 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Hi thanks for your nice plugin. i'm having troubles, i have a animation in the timeline( MMD dance) loaded in the time line, when i press Record in Eosin's Video recorded all the saved Images are the same they don't change it's like fram number 1 repeated 7000 times. This just happen with MMDs ? do i have to push play in the Timeline or something before recording? and what if tis not MMDs dance animations from timeline. What if it's playing the game and i want to make VR180 video from that, how do i do it?

I also want to know is there a way to make the total size smaller but keep quality. i saw the estimated sizes and for my 4 minute videos it say 4GB or something , but i've seen adult videos VR180s that are 1hour or 2 hours even 3 hours long and they're just like about 1GB or 1.5GB and very good quality at 1080p

Last edited:
I cannot get this to load!!!

!> [CS246]: The type or namespace name `MacGruber' could not be found. Are you missing an assembly reference? in Custom/Scripts/Eosin/src/Eosin_VRRenderer.cs at [169, 7]

MacGruber_utils.cs is naturally in the same directory, as intended.

II downloaded the latest version and I'm trying to render 2D Video without losing frames?

- Created an EMPTY - Add Plugin
- I browse to the VAR and select it
- Once it loads I get this camera on the side, I guess I need to set the EMPTY position to make it look correct
- My first scene is pretty light: only 1 character, short loop animation via the timeline plugin

I'm still new to this,
I would like to a smooth Render 2D Video without losing frames, so I tought maybe this plugin will allow me to do so consider I don't have the most powerful PC but only Intel i7 with 32GB RAM and 4GB VRAM GPU (vam installed on SSD)

1 - Is there a way to do 1 click to make accurate render of the TIMELINE from: First to Last frame and stop recording?
At the moment I record and need to edit and cut my self in video editor to make a perfect loop, I wonder if it' spossible within the plugin.

2 - I chose FLAT I just want 2D Video Render, but I get some weird FISHEYE lense look when I move around with the camera empty

Any help or a step-by-step how to render 2D Video will be very helpful.

Thanks ahead!

Last edited:
Thanks for the great plugin!

Having trouble with videos playing on Image Panels, they seem to run at a rate independent of the recording. Is there anyway to sync them so they play at an appropriate 'real time' speed?

Just a tip for everyone in case your looking for the answer like I was. Attach this plugin to the 'camera' object and then in the plugin do the same for camride/fps. Works amazing!

II downloaded the latest version and I'm trying to render 2D Video without losing frames?

- Once it loads I get this camera on the side, I guess I need to set the EMPTY position to make it look correct
- My first scene is pretty light: only 1 character, short loop animation via the timeline plugin

I'm still new to this,
I would like to a smooth Render 2D Video without losing frames, so I tought maybe this plugin will allow me to do so consider I don't have the most powerful PC but only Intel i7 with 32GB RAM and 4GB VRAM GPU (vam installed on SSD)

1 - Is there a way to do 1 click to make accurate render of the TIMELINE from: First to Last frame and stop recording?
At the moment I record and need to edit and cut my self in video editor to make a perfect loop, I wonder if it' spossible within the plugin.

2 - I chose FLAT I just want 2D Video Render, but I get some weird FISHEYE lense look when I move around with the camera empty

Thanks ahead!
Try adjusting the FOV in the plugin settings from 80 (which I think is the default) down to 40. I believe that will correct your 'fisheye' effect. Also check all the other settings in the plugin, make sure you are setting it to the frame rate, aspect ratio, and resolution you're wanting. For example, I'm doing 60fps, 16:9 aspect ratio, and 3840x2160.

Also @Eosin a quick question if you don't mind. I am currently running your plugin doing a flat 4k UHD recording. I have a 7900x, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, an Nvidia 4090, and it's running on a Corsair 700 Pcie Gen 5 SSD. I'm processing around 200-215 frames per minute. I am running MSA at 8x, Postmagic effects, basically maxing out all settings. :) My nvme is basically asleep, GPU spikes out at around 25% occasionally, CPU is around 13% utilization (not maxing out a single thread) but the GPU is using all 24GB. I was just curious where you might think the bottleneck is on my performance? Is the VRAM being maxed out that's holding it back on frame render speed? Also, again, THANK YOU for this plugin!!!!!

Also @Eosin a quick question if you don't mind. I am currently running your plugin doing a flat 4k UHD recording. I have a 7900x, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, an Nvidia 4090, and it's running on a Corsair 700 Pcie Gen 5 SSD. I'm processing around 200-215 frames per minute. I am running MSA at 8x, Postmagic effects, basically maxing out all settings. :) My nvme is basically asleep, GPU spikes out at around 25% occasionally, CPU is around 13% utilization (not maxing out a single thread) but the GPU is using all 24GB. I was just curious where you might think the bottleneck is on my performance? Is the VRAM being maxed out that's holding it back on frame render speed? Also, again, THANK YOU for this plugin!!!!!

I forgot where but Eosin recommended reducing the MSA and just cranking up the resolution to get better use out of the VRAM. I would set 4X MSA, set the output resolution to the biggest you can effectively edit, and the render resolution to something bigger than that.

VRAM will only slow you down if you run out of it. So as long as you leave yourself just a little VRAM headroom that won't be a bottleneck.

Note that there are 2 render resolutions and 3 anti-aliasing settings at play. You can completely turn off the anti-aliasing in the Virt-A-Mate UI and crank the VAM screen resolution to 0.5. The plugin renders it's own view of the scene with it's own resolution and MSAA values. So you can save some work for the program by running it low-res and no anti-aliasing.

I do VR captures mostly so Post-Magic AA isn't supported at all but even in flat I turn off post-magic AA and let the plugin handle all AA duty by it's MSAA and your resolution/super-sampling choices.

With the way the rendering of every fram is synchronously pipelined it's not unexpected to see things not hitting 100% anywhere in graphs data. There isn't enough resolution reporting of CPU, GPU, and IO reporting to see them each hit 100, then the other, then the other as each does it's task and waits for the next to do theirs. You might not necessarily have more performance available to squeeze out - the time one thing is waiting for another is headroom you can't use.

Last edited:
I forgot where but Eosin recommended reducing the MSA and just cranking up the resolution to get better use out of the VRAM. I would set 4X MSA, set the output resolution to the biggest you can effectively edit, and the render resolution to something bigger than that.

VRAM will only slow you down if you run out of it. So as long as you leave yourself just a little VRAM headroom that won't be a bottleneck.

Note that there are 2 render resolutions and 3 anti-aliasing settings at play. You can completely turn off the anti-aliasing in the Virt-A-Mate UI and crank the VAM screen resolution to 0.5. The plugin renders it's own view of the scene with it's own resolution and MSAA values. So you can save some work for the program by running it low-res and no anti-aliasing.

I do VR captures mostly so Post-Magic AA isn't supported at all but even in flat I turn off post-magic AA and let the plugin handle all AA duty by it's MSAA and your resolution/super-sampling choices.

With the way the rendering of every fram is synchronously pipelined it's not unexpected to see things not hitting 100% anywhere in graphs data. There isn't enough resolution reporting of CPU, GPU, and IO reporting to see them each hit 100, then the other, then the other as each does it's task and waits for the next to do theirs. You might not necessarily have more performance available to squeeze out - the time one thing is waiting for another is headroom you can't use.
I appreciate all the feedback and info!

@Eosin it came to me that maybe the reason why my render rates aren't faster with my 7900x and 4090 is the drive write times. I am using a PCIe5 M.2 drive, but what I realized is I need to setup a RAM drive. I have 64GB of 6000ghz RAM, so I want to create a RAM drive with 16GB of storage and have the images get rendered to there. Is there any possibility you could alter the plugin to allow us to specify where the image files get stored, that way I can have it target the RAM drive? Thanks!

I'm using a 4090 and I'm getting 470 FPM per frame at 4K.

The settings are 4K, MASS 4X, JPEG.

When I start recording the renderer, the GPU usage moves from 10 to 40 percent. It seems to be averaging 20 percent. Cuda acceleration over 60 percent? Is this something I can take advantage of? I want to squeeze the performance out of my graphics card.

I'm using a 4090 and I'm getting 470 FPM per frame at 4K.

The settings are 4K, MASS 4X, JPEG.

When I start recording the renderer, the GPU usage moves from 10 to 40 percent. It seems to be averaging 20 percent. Cuda acceleration over 60 percent? Is this something I can take advantage of? I want to squeeze the performance out of my graphics card.

You're getting 470FPM? I'm guess it's the JPEG instead of PNG that's do that for you. I may try a render with jpeg instead and see the speed difference.

You're getting 470FPM? I'm guess it's the JPEG instead of PNG that's do that for you. I may try a render with jpeg instead and see the speed difference.
I am looking at all the parameters... it looks like gpu and cpu and vram is not the issue. the issue is literally the normal RAM getting pinned to its 32gb limit. I cant believe that RAM is my bottleneck

I am looking at all the parameters... it looks like gpu and cpu and vram is not the issue. the issue is literally the normal RAM getting pinned to its 32gb limit. I cant believe that RAM is my bottleneck
I have 64GB of DDR5 6000, I'll render a scene again and I'll check my RAM as well.

What video players for Oculus Quest do people use? When I make my videos one eye is completely green and there is a green circle on the floor. This only appears in the Quest.

is there a way to fix how sometimes it sets the models to start violently thrashing about when there is multiple animation files on the timeline? It keeps skipping to the next animation for whatever reason.

Excellent tool. I have a problem when I use it with Timeline plugin. Regardless of the duration of the animation, it renders the entire animation in one second (I use it at 60fps). I have tried it in all my scenes the same thing happens, different lengs and settings. It's strange because in the scenes of other creators it doesn't happen. I don't understand.
yea did you find a solution to this btw? Im also runing into timeline problems where the characters violently thrash about all at once like its trying to play all the animations

yea did you find a solution to this btw? Im also runing into timeline problems where the characters violently thrash about all at once like its trying to play all the animations
@VirtualWishX

I'm still new to this,

Thanks ahead!
Was having some trouble but this is what I figured out. In Timeline, go to the "more..." tab up at the top then click "Options"
1.PNG

Then find the "Time mode" section and click "Game time (slows with low fps) in the drop down.
2.PNG

See if that helps you out!

Before I tried this, the timeline was playing at real time when I was trying to record, but it all slowed down like it was supposed to after I did this.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom