Video Renderer for 3D VR180, VR360 and Flat 2D & Audio + BVH Animation Recorder

Plugins Video Renderer for 3D VR180, VR360 and Flat 2D & Audio + BVH Animation Recorder

Yup, guaranteed it's timeline needing to be set to gametime instead of realtime.
I tried that on one scene, but it didn't help. In my Hot4Teacher scene, the Timeline animation is deliberately slowed down so the dance ends when the song does. I had to use the local scale, "Speed (This)" to do it, because the global time scale seemed to have no effect. It's set to 0.78. The scene plays normally and works like that, but with the video renderer active, the dancing ends way before the end of the render time, which was set to the song length.

I tried that on one scene, but it didn't help. In my Hot4Teacher scene, the Timeline animation is deliberately slowed down so the dance ends when the song does. I had to use the local scale, "Speed (This)" to do it, because the global time scale seemed to have no effect. It's set to 0.78. The scene plays normally and works like that, but with the video renderer active, the dancing ends way before the end of the render time, which was set to the song length.
I haven't had any issues at all with the timeline animations once I set the timeline options to 'game time' instead of 'real time.' I've never tried altering the actual timeline speed itself manually before. Is there a way instead to say 'timeline animation =x time' and then timeline automatically spreads out everything equally to extend it to the correct amount of time so you don't have to slow it?

I haven't had any issues at all with the timeline animations once I set the timeline options to 'game time' instead of 'real time.' I've never tried altering the actual timeline speed itself manually before. Is there a way instead to say 'timeline animation =x time' and then timeline automatically spreads out everything equally to extend it to the correct amount of time so you don't have to slow it?
I don't think Timeline supports that. I'll look again.

@yunidatsu if you're open to enhancement requests, sometime back I asked for the plugin to write the audio out as mp3 instead of wav. The reason is that avidemux, which is great to use for stitching the renders together into a movie file, does not take wav files. I convert them using Audacity, but it would be nice to have mp3 directly.

There is another issue, but I don't think it's the plugin causing it. When rendering to frames, the body pokes through the dress in my scene a lot. It does this a lot more than when running normally at game speed, around 30 FPS. I tried changing physics settings on the dress, and I tried other dresses, but it still does it. This works a lot better without clothes, LoL.

There is another issue, but I don't think it's the plugin causing it. When rendering to frames, the body pokes through the dress in my scene a lot. It does this a lot more than when running normally at game speed, around 30 FPS. I tried changing physics settings on the dress, and I tried other dresses, but it still does it. This works a lot better without clothes, LoL.
If you increase the physics rate that helps with clothing clipping. Another thing you can do is increase the distance between the clothing and skin, adjust the physics settings of the clothing, etc. There are ways to improve it, not necessarily eliminate it.

I'll try a few more things.

vlcsnap-2024-01-23-14h54m30s052.jpg

Go to the clothing, hit the adjustments tab and then adjust the 'surface offset.' You absolutely need to adjust that based on this screenshot.
This is not the static look, mind you. It looks fine before the animation starts. When playing the scene at normal game speed, it looks almost perfect. It's only in video rendering that it does it this bad.

This is not the static look, mind you. It looks fine before the animation starts. When playing the scene at normal game speed, it looks almost perfect. It's only in video rendering that it does it this bad.
Then I would look at the physics for the clothing, increase the collision radius will help, things like that.

Is there any way to make the plug-in POV follow the window camera POV changes?
I usually attach empty atom with plugin on it to person's head, and then head movement will reflect camera. Don't think there's a way to make it follow your manual mouse camera panning.

Is there any way to make the plug-in POV follow the window camera POV changes?
If it's the window camera moving then just parent the atom to the windows camera object and it will follow/move with it. I do it all the time.

It's in the settings of the plugin, I think it says seconds to record, it's on the left. I adjust that all the time for my renders with this plugin.

you can also increase it beyond a minute, just keep hitting the +10 or +100 and you can keep adding.
for music videos i set them to cap out @ 240 (4min) then if it ends sooner and i see it, i hit escape

You should really make a new update to the plugin and credit Eosin as that user seems to be gone at this point. This is too good to get buried in the discussion.
Yeah, I might do that if Eosin doesn't reappear. Though I'm not sure I'd do a lot of maintenance on it.

Can you explain in more detail how the multithreading works?
Here's the gist: Whenever a frame is finished rendering, I pass its final display texture to a thread pool. The next frame is then rendered into a different render texture. This rendering is still completely single-threaded. Within the thread pool, the texture is encoded to JPEG/PNG and then written to disk. Only that part is multithreaded. I limit the number of items that can be simultaneously processed by the thread pool at any time (the thread count option in the UI) using a semaphore, to limit the number of render textures required. Though these textures don't take up a lot of memory.
The first benefit of the thread pools is that the next frame can already be rendered while the previous one is still being encoded and written to disk. It decouples rendering from encoding, kind of like a pipeline. So even a thread count of 1 will help.
The second benefit comes from higher thread counts, but only if rendering is faster than encoding: Say that encoding a frame takes twice as long as rendering it. In that case, the (theoretical) optimum thread count is 2, as that means that two frames are encoded at the same time, which makes encoding exactly as fast as rendering. With less threads, rendering would have to wait for encoding to finish while all encoding threads are busy - a kind of "stall". More than 2 threads won't really help, because then the renderer doesn't produce new frames fast enough, so the additional threads just idle. That's why the optimum thread count depends a lot on the scene. Simple scenes that render fast benefit from more threads, while complex scenes are "saturated" with fewer threads.

Well, that's the theory at least. It all depends on processor core usage of course, and there's also the issue of disk writes not actually happening in parallel, so YMMV.

if you're open to enhancement requests, sometime back I asked for the plugin to write the audio out as mp3 instead of wav.
I have toyed with the idea of (optionally!) making the plugin do the video encoding live, instead of the intermediate output of masses of JPG/PNG files. That would make the whole process even faster and simpler again, specifically for videos that don't need additional editing. I would definitely need an external encoder library for that though, and I've never used anything like that before.
The obvious thing that comes to mind is FFmpeg or its libraries, which would open up the possibility of live audio encoding as well. But packaging and accessing these libraries from a VaM plugin sounds like a nightmare, not to mention VaM's security system which I suspect would block it. Calling an external FFmpeg executable sounds even more dubious from a security perspective.

Maybe I'll experiment with that if I'm especially bored. But don't hold your breath.

Why do I make rendering errors while running the SSS plugin simultaneously.
View attachment 316123
I had another issue, that is SSS being shown on screenshots as weird patches, so effectively making it not working. However, I just now discovered that if you run it at certain resolution, then it will work perfectly. For me that resolution is 1920x1200, which is resolution I am running VAM in (curiously 1920x1080 produced stripes for me as well). It looks like any resolution upscaling simply breaks SSS. Try capturing in your native resolution for SSS, it should work.

is there any way to capture the player view with this plugin?
Ideally i would like to capture what i normally see without any of the menus or other things cluttering the way.

Ideally i would like to capture what i normally see without any of the menus or other things cluttering the way.
Try this. Also, from what I see, it will not render UI menu in desktop mode, even if you have it open. What is being shown in the preview window is what you're gonna get.

Try this. Also, from what I see, it will not render UI menu in desktop mode, even if you have it open. What is being shown in the preview window is what you're gonna get.

Wait, so you can't get it to work with mouse movement?
I'm the one that was going back/forth with you on Cheesy's discord. Basically i want to see if we can get this to work with PoseMe

Wait, so you can't get it to work with mouse movement?
I'm the one that was going back/forth with you on Cheesy's discord. Basically i want to see if we can get this to work with PoseMe
I don't think you can make it work with mouse movement, because plugin is attached to the empty atom. However, I haven't tested it thoroughly, maybe attaching it to WindowCamera somehow would work? I feel it should be doable. I'll let you know if I manage to figure out something.

This can be achieved using a plug-in called AlignHelper

is there a way to trigger more performance out of this plugin? I am sitting at like only 44 gb out of 96gb of ram draw and 15% of my CPU is being used and gpu ram is only at 12/16 gb. I feel like the renders could go faster if it could more fully utilize the hardware. is it a clocking issue?

is there a way to trigger more performance out of this plugin? I am sitting at like only 44 gb out of 96gb of ram draw and 15% of my CPU is being used and gpu ram is only at 12/16 gb. I feel like the renders could go faster if it could more fully utilize the hardware. is it a clocking issue?
Did you read the previous posts about multithreading the renderer?

Empty Atom Paired with this did the Trick!
Tied it to the camera rig and made sure to LOCK it in once it was aligned!
I don't think you can make it work with mouse movement, because plugin is attached to the empty atom. However, I haven't tested it thoroughly, maybe attaching it to WindowCamera somehow would work? I feel it should be doable. I'll let you know if I manage to figure out something.

Back
Top Bottom