VAMLaunch repack

Plugins VAMLaunch repack

hazmhox

Featured Contributor
Reactions
hazmhox submitted a new resource:

VAMLaunch repack - Repack of VAMLaunch for the var system with a tweak

This is a repacked version of the original script made by _Zengineer_ ( original thread here ).

I have also made a little tweak that allows the launch to have slower movements. With the last firmware updates, the launch handle way better slow movements.

All credits goes to Zengineer. If you stumble upon here and want this release to be taken down, don't hesitate to pm me.

Read more about this resource...

It's a shame the launch is no longer in production. The newer toys that are meant to replace it are in no way close to as good.

I did not know that there was a "fork" for Cycle Force :)
Yes ! Of course, I'll try it, if everything works, I'll update the pack.

About the launch, the concept behind it was good yes. But the hardware is poorly made. Mine broke less than a year after I bought it, I had to fix the plastic structure where the fleshlight goes with hot glue. And I'm pretty sure that it will be completely unfixable at some point. Poor materials (which made me realize that the price was not worth it at all), bulky design... if they had put at least the same effort in the hardware than in the software, it would have been the best thing on the market.

The Handy seems to be nice, I'm following the evolution of the thing and hoping that they release a BLE firmware update. Especially with the overall concept that allows you to use any toy.

Ah I see. I've had a Launch for more than 3 years, it's still working perfectly.

Cool. At least that's something that didn't happen to everyone :) Nonetheless, the plastic is not really high quality... and that's a shame when you see the price point.

Anyway ! I've checked the files, I'm still checking the main code, but I think I can add the sources to this repack. I'm also thinking of creating a "manual source" that could help creators to animate the motion with triggers or potentially Timeline.

Do you think this/Buttplug can be made to work with say, a Thrustmaster FFB wheelbase? (In this case a T500)

I figure it's ultimately just a linear output. And I noticed some gamepad support in there.

I guess might be a lot more complicated to implement than I am imagining it?

I just repacked and tweaked a VaM plugin (which has nothing to do with the original buttplug library). I'm definitely not the person who will give you a very good answer.

But I'm gonna try at least a bit : this library is revolving around BLE (bluetooth low energy). If your hardware is BLE, well I'm pretty sure it could be possible.

If you want a real answer, go ask on metafetish's forum :)

hazmhox updated VAMLaunch repack with a new update entry:

New tweaks and additions

Long overdue, since @ClubJulze asked, I added the CycleForce and RythmForce implemented by geesp0t.
I was also trying to achieve a manual version of the motions, but it is way to complex to be usable efficiently.

So I tried to check the code of the zone motion source (which is my favourite one for complex animations) and came up with a solution : you can now select any rigidbody of a person. Either control rigid bodies (left picture) or real...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I seem to be having trouble using the Zone option. The Launch works fine for Cycleforce and Oscillate tests but when I select a female atom and then say her head atom for BJs then I get no activity from the Launch. Am I doing something wrong?

I seem to be having trouble using the Zone option. The Launch works fine for Cycleforce and Oscillate tests but when I select a female atom and then say her head atom for BJs then I get no activity from the Launch. Am I doing something wrong?

Potentially yes :p
Did you size and move the transparent magenta area to cover the rigidbody you chose ?

Ok, so I've dragged the magenta box to cover the area. The Launch reacts but the movement seems erratic and not in sync with the animation. I do see a green bar moving up and down along with the animation but that's also not in sync with the Launch's movements.

You said something about a firmware update on the Launch, how old is this update. I'm pretty sure mine is up to date, what firmware version is on yours?

If you used the app on your phone, don't worry. Your firmware is up to date.

1 - The zone system is a prediction, you may have a tiny bit of delay... but this is for me the best use possible of this system. But it should not be "not in sync" whatever that means.
2 - Applying a zone does not mean you don't have to tweak the settings. The amount of samples can drastically change the way the launch is control depending on your animation. All the other settings too : min/max speed, min/max height... etc...
3 - Setting up a launch configuration needs a bit of time. You won't get something working in a few minutes unless you really know what you're doing. Keep in mind that the zone has to be almost the same size as you max and min position of the rigid body : if your zone is twice as big as your positions max, the motion will appear to be half the "size" it should travel in reality.

I may make a demo for VAMMoan with the launch. You could check that out if you don't succeed in the meantime.

If you used the app on your phone, don't worry. Your firmware is up to date.

1 - The zone system is a prediction, you may have a tiny bit of delay... but this is for me the best use possible of this system. But it should not be "not in sync" whatever that means.
2 - Applying a zone does not mean you don't have to tweak the settings. The amount of samples can drastically change the way the launch is control depending on your animation. All the other settings too : min/max speed, min/max height... etc...
3 - Setting up a launch configuration needs a bit of time. You won't get something working in a few minutes unless you really know what you're doing. Keep in mind that the zone has to be almost the same size as you max and min position of the rigid body : if your zone is twice as big as your positions max, the motion will appear to be half the "size" it should travel in reality.

I may make a demo for VAMMoan with the launch. You could check that out if you don't succeed in the meantime.

Thank you, a demo would be very helpful even if its just screenshots. Yeah, I'll play around with it some more. So I used the pelvis as the zone and the default box size fits over that area. The movement of the Launch definitely doesn't sync up with what I'm seeing on screen though. When I use the Cycleforce in the Jessica's Bedroom scenes it works fine.

hazmhox updated VAMLaunch repack with a new update entry:

Dropping support and updates

After several hours of searching how to improve the way VAMLaunch works, it becomes clear that, it is way beyond my skill level to make something as good as what Max is doing for the OSR, especially with OSR3 coming up.

I'm dropping support and updates for this repack.
If anyone wants to keep trying to improve the plugin... feel free. I can even send you the source files if needed.

One last advice : DO NOT buy a "mainstream" sextoy just for VAM. The current implementation...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi!
I was wondering if the source files for your version of VAMLaunch are available somewhere?
I wanted to take a look at trying to add the vibration feature.
Thanks!

Hi!
I was wondering if the source files for your version of VAMLaunch are available somewhere?
I wanted to take a look at trying to add the vibration feature.
Thanks!

I realize now that it is not even necessary. Just unpack the last var file, you'll have the source : )

Thanks for this, @hazmhox. I know very little code - but I see that I can potentially create a Timeline.cs to get this working with the Timeline animations. Any chance you can code a semi-working version of this for me to tinker with?

Thanks for this, @hazmhox. I know very little code - but I see that I can potentially create a Timeline.cs to get this working with the Timeline animations. Any chance you can code a semi-working version of this for me to tinker with?
This is exactly what VAM Launch is missing. Somehow making it possible to directly link it to Timeline animations would be perfect because, as versatile as the Zone mode is, it's not exactly accurate all the time and cannot track speed very well when it is irregular/erratic whereas toys like the Handy should be able to go VERY fast with fluent transitions instead of how VAM Launch causes it to literally stop for sometimes seconds at a time before it can reassess the speed and track correctly again. I don't have the programming knowledge but would also love to see this developed!

I don't understand what you're asking : D

If you'd implement a Timeline version I'd be glad to add it (even tho I said I've stopped the support of the plugin), but I don't know what you want me to do exactly :)

Back
Top Bottom