Vam-Timeline phantom movement for no reason

fishbulbx

Reactions
When creating a basic two animation scene, when I switch from animation 2 to animation 1, after about 1 second, the person moves to a bizarre position that isn't in any of the poses. Not sure what causes this.

Video:

Do you have a physics link between the hands or something like that? It looks like it's the body physics reacting.

Do you have a physics link between the hands or something like that? It looks like it's the body physics reacting.
Yes - physics link of right hand of left person linked to hand right of right person. That's the only link.

I guess I don't understand how that physics link causes this behavior? I'm getting more confused... when I try to switch from physics link to comply on that hand, it doesn't take effect and the next time I look at it, the value goes back to physics link.

Comply doesn't work with Timeline, it's in the instructions on the resource page or Timeline wiki.
Try parent link if you don't want the hands to pulled like in the Physics link.

That helps, thanks. Are you referring to https://github.com/acidbubbles/vam-timeline/wiki/Known-Issues

• Comply will not record keyframes. This is expected, since Comply will register keyframes all the time during playback and normal interactions with other controllers.
  • If keyframes are not created when moving a controller, check these first: the controller is on (not comply), vam is in edit mode (not play mode), the animation isn't currently running (press "stop" to make sure).

Back
Top Bottom