Using a counter logic brick (or another method), can I trigger an action only if the counter is above a certain value?

Javalin

Reactions
I am attempting to make a complex scene with multiple outcomes based on several actions you've taken throughout the scene - choices you make increase or decrease the counter, affecting your end result. Is this possible with logic bricks or some other method? I know the counter brick sends a signal upon reaching 1 or 0, but I need more information than that. I need to be able to do X only if the counter is above a value

Thanks for the help

Almost everything is possible with LogicBricks...bricks are supposed to be combined....you just need more of them ;) LogicBricks is not good at counting/math stuff. Obviously at some point it may be easier to just write a plugin to do what you want.
You could also look into something like VUML which can be combined with LogicBricks:

Anyway, you could use a StateMachine with two Counter bricks, plus two SelectChoice to direct the button trigger to the right counter:

Attachments

• 1667203190.json
    34.1 KB · Views: 0
  • 1667203190.jpg
    1667203190.jpg
    14.8 KB · Views: 0
Almost everything is possible with LogicBricks...bricks are supposed to be combined....you just need more of them ;) LogicBricks is not good at counting/math stuff. Obviously at some point it may be easier to just write a plugin to do what you want.
You could also look into something like VUML which can be combined with LogicBricks:

Anyway, you could use a StateMachine with two Counter bricks, plus two SelectChoice to direct the button trigger to the right counter:

thanks for this, I'll give these methods a shot

Back
Top Bottom