Upload to hub

Mel

Reactions
Hi peeps, is there a guide or something to explain how to upload a scene I have created to the hub. After 3 months of constant learning, I feel that my scenes are good enough to share.
TIA :)

1. Make a VAR package of your content. There are various guides, for example: https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/how-to-create-a-var-file.5565/
    • Do not duplicate existing content, if you can avoid it. Especially content of other creators. E.g. don't use a Look you unzipped locally...just directly use the version from the original VAR. That way it will show up in the list of dependencies during package creation rather than being copied in your own VAR. Nobody needs 15 copies of the same asset in their VaM install...(e.g. those EyeBall_Shadow things...you know what I mean...)
    • Avoid unnessary dependencies, if possible, especially if there aren't availble as hub-hosted. Avoid relying on badly packaged / broken things.
    • Respect other creators package licenses.
    • Choose a license for your own content.
    • Confirm your package actually works without errors in a second clean VaM install.
  2. Make some screenshots or video to give users an idea what to expect. Using SuperShot plugin is recommended. You will also need an "icon" image, a square image representing your resource in the Hub listings. I recommend 1024x1024 resolution for the icon and 1920x1080 for screenshots.
    • Images should represent your scene. It can sometimes be helpful to stage things a bit for screenshots, shorten animation timings for a video to make it fit in a 30 or 60 second trailer. However, don't over do it. It should still represent the spirit of your scene and how it trully looks in VaM.
  3. Go to the Resources section here on the Hub, hit the green "Add Resource..." button in the top right.
    • Choose a section, in your case "Free - Scenes", I guess?
    • Attach/Upload your VAR package. (You can also upload multiple files here, e.g. if your content were a Look, you could have that Look as a VAR and a separate VAR with a demo scene. That helps reducing dependencies for people using your stuff)
    • Fill the various fields. Promotional Link and the two URL fields are optional, e.g. link to your Patreon page, etc.
    • You can just copy&paste images into the description field. It will automatically upload them. Videos you have to upload externally, though.
    • Don't forget a credit section in your description. Credit creators who's content you used, feel free to tag them. Technically not required if already automatically covered through VAR dependencies, but it's considered common courtesy.

Example of what I personally consider a decent presentation:

Last edited:
Making a clean var is a big part of it. The FAQ has some info. (One of these is linked above.)

Back
Top Bottom