"Dependencies not found on hub"

wonkytadpole

Reactions
Hello everyone,

I'm fairly new on this site and in my use of VaM.

I'm having issues with scenes/videos where the hair does not appear on the girl. There are a few dependencies that say not found on hub when pressing "scan hub for missing referenced packages" which I assume is the issue for no hair.

Are there any work arounds to finding those missing dependencies or am I out of luck?

If it helps, the scenes/videos in question are produced by AlpacaLaps, "Cataclysm extended" and Dancin Rev Extended"

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• Missing.png
    Missing.png
    765.5 KB · Views: 0
There are a few dependencies that say not found on hub when pressing "scan hub for missing referenced packages" which I assume is the issue for no hair.

Are there any work arounds to finding those missing dependencies or am I out of luck?

If it helps, the scenes/videos in question are produced by AlpacaLaps, "Cataclysm extended" and Dancin Rev Extended"
Some of those are probably not hub-hosted, that's nothing new. (example: either paid content or externally hosted free content).

BUT some of those are, half of them even included inside VaM.
basically all this=DJ.NailPolish, DJ.TanLines, MeshedVR.3PointLightSetup, MeshedVR.PresetsPack, NoStage3.Hair_Long_Upswept_Top_Bun, Xstatic.MegaParticlePack
Did you removed those built-in packages? Maybe try running vam_updater/options/ sync & repair all, to re-download them

Unless something is wrong with particular packages you downloaded? (Are "Cataclysm extended & Dancin Rev Extended" paid content?)

after quick search here is rest of them (assuming you have all built-in packages):
1)Crazy3dmodeler:
just....ignore this :poop:
2)CUAManager:
3)Damarmau.Damar_Textures (from link bellow, one that's gonna be uploaded in a "minute":unsure:):
4)PUTZ.Bunny_Ears (mega link):
5)Tiseb.Feet:

A fact that not every new VaM user might know: You don't neccessarily need EVERY single of the dependencies, most of the time. Though, you will get a nasty error message and the scene will NOT exactly look like it was intended by the creator! BUT if you, for instance, only want to use the downloaded scene and want to replace the figure with one of your own looks, you don't neccessarily need all dependencies for the figure. Or if you can't find the hair style, just use an other one. Just save the scene with the changes your made as a new scene.
Admittedly, this needs a bit of experience which part to keep and which to drop.

I just did a fresh install of VAM and downloaded a bunch of scenes/looks from the hub. I now have this list of about 30 packages I'm missing. I haven't deleted anything. I tried doing a sync / repair all but that didn't help. I also tried searching resources here on virtamate.com but they have mostly turned up blank or so many results idk which one I need.

Idk if its that big of a deal, most my scenes load without problems. But figured I'd ask.

Attachments

• img.PNG
    img.PNG
    193.6 KB · Views: 0
Wow, that is a huge list of missing dependencies for only a bunch of scenes.
Some of that things definitely can be found here like Timeline. I don't exactly know why this doesn't work, maybe it is a matter of different version numbers, or things like that.
Unfortunately, I can't further help you with this, but in general I would suggest to you (and other users having this issues) to download scenes and stuff from this webpage, instead of the ingame browser, and to take a close look at the item's dependencies list BEFORE downloading. If there are too many missing or paid dependencies, avoid downloading it!
Unfortunately there are some creators who obviously don't care enough about things like that.

Some of that things definitely can be found here like Timeline. I don't exactly know why this doesn't work, maybe it is a matter of different version numbers, or things like that.
If a resource has been packaged with the requirement of the "exact" script (instead of latest), I believe it will appear as a missing dependency from the Hub if it has been updated. Timeline is probably the most updated resource from the whole Hub, so... :)

But Timeline has been updated with retro-compatibility in mind, so a scene requiring Timeline.219 should work even if you only have Timeline.249.
You can safely ignore this issue. It will only cause this annoying error message at every VAM startup. What you can do is disable or even delete the package using it once you know you won't come back to this scene.

If you want to avoid this kind of trouble in the first place, I can only approve what TToby said: always take a look at the "dependency" section of the resources before downloading, avoid resources with too many dependencies and prefer Hub-hosted resources (this way you only have to click on the "Download All" button). The in-game browser only displays Hub-hosted resources by default.
But this will only apply to free resources. It's harder to see for Paid content, as it is hosted externally. I guess you have to try and see.

If a resource has been packaged with the requirement of the "exact" script (instead of latest), I believe it will appear as a missing dependency from the Hub if it has been updated. Timeline is probably the most updated resource from the whole Hub, so... :)
"exact" script/plugin/package version shows download link (if that version is still available on hub).
"min" on the other hand is completely busted. 😉
In theory using newer version should work, but there is probably reason why scene requires exact version (especially if there was major rework/change).

Looking at image OP posted, only exact required are CUA.Manager version 10 (looking at history tab, removed from hub)
and Crazy v1 (let's say crazy is no longer with us).
Everything else is "latest" (aka highest version available/installed) & half of them are VaM included,
OP probably just delete them at some point (others are simply not on Hub).

About @kram337 image same is true (about plugins),
only passenger v2 is on hub (no v1), timeline only 218 & 222 (no 219.var), BJAssist only v3 on hub (no v2), ExpressionBlushing is externally hosted (
v1.1.1 is 10.var).
Other (latest) packages are probably externally hosted (or paid content), same as OP stuff.

I want to point out, that this is not the fault of the downloaders, especially if they are somewhat new to VaM.
Nobody can be expected to keep all of that in mind while just clicking the download button.
On the other hand, it's great to have all of that free stuff. Maybe there are some experts who are too careless, but most of the creators are quite normal users who are overwhelmed by all of those dependency issues, too.
Please always keep that in mind if you download stuff... it is community content and might be broken or imperfect.

Be a bit cautious and keep an eye on that stuff and all its dependencies until you have tested it out, so you still can delete it later. This is (among others) the reason why I would suggest newbies not to carelessly download stuff with dozens of dependencies... after some days and downloads, you will maybe not be able to say which Var files belongs together, anymore.

Back
Top Bottom