Question Unity settings for VAM Export - Issues with asset lightning, missing collision apply button

Lione

Reactions
I need some help in exporting assets to VAM.

I followed some guides like this

to import Sketchfab example asset OBJ Data to the supported elder Unity Version:

Version 2018.1.9f2 Personal
Mon, 20 Aug 2018
Branch: 2018.1/release

and how to export them to VAM, but they do not behave as they should.

Currently i managed to load single Objects, to add materials and size it accurate using a model template.
I can also export it and the Asset appears in VAM.

Technical i uninstalled and reinstalled Unity and asset explorer and used the recommended HUB installation workflow.

My constant Issues:

Exported Assets are too dark opening them in VAM:

- All exported assets are too dark and only visable appear in VAM if there is enough light.
If i set a light near it all materials and asset looks appear.
Even in a more brighter room they look dark.

I tried to change settings here and that makes it even worse afterwards.
Is this all and everything to be set and what are the recommended working selections in these checkboxes and dropdowns?

8723647623765726352.png

Or did i perhaps miss a setting after i added the materials to the Object so it could be i miss a "self lightning" checkbox or the dropdown selector?

The assets come with a source obj file and a texture and i add the obj file and the texture.
The asset looks bright as it should though in unity.

Collision apply function does not show up in "Inspector" now and then

It looks like this even being selected active

843682764827643876242.png

What do i have to do with my OBJ that the function constantly appears in the inspector?

HW is current and clean Windows 10 Pro / RTX 3080 / 64 GB RAM

Last edited:
Exported Assets are too dark opening them in VAM
Check your texture import settings. Try switch Linear vs. sRGB color model, there is a checkbox.
Also check whether your Mesh Normals are imported correctly. E.g. they might face inwards instead of outwards. Or your Normalmap was imported incorrectly, e.g. a very dark Normalmap might also cause this. If lighting looks correct in the Unity Editor (try move a point light around near your object), the normals aren't the issue, though.
Also your material settings may be worth a check. Something like a black/dark ambient occlusion texture might also cause this.

Collision apply function does not show up in "Inspector" now and then
Your selected GameObject isn't a Prefab. The apply button does save/apply your changes into the Prefab.
To create a Prefab drag&drop from the hierarchy window into a folder in the project window. It's the Prefab you need to export as AssetBundle.

Upvote 0
Thx alot for your time helping me and offering these hints.
I will try that and hopefully solve the issues :)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom