Unity HDRP capabilities in VaM 2.X

Mr.Dyngus

Reactions
Hi all!

I know we all wait for the 2. And I know that it's tough.
I wish Meshed posted some more early stage screenshots to ease this hard time for us.

Anyway, I'm a graphic's quality type of guy. Maybe a freak even lol. I've been playing with VaM for more than a year and I have to say that this is simply peace of art. Seriously. I've been on TK17 (modded 3d sexvilla) before and was looking for something that is up to date.
It was quite hard to find VaM, even though I regulary searched the web for this specific kind of game, This is strange and I think VaM needs to be promoted much more, because there are plenty more guys like me that search for this and can't find it by googling "best graphic sex simalor". But that's a topic for a separate discussion .

I work in architectural visualization using mostly 3ds max and Vray. But lately I've been interested in game engines like Unreal and Unity. Amazing quality you can achieve in realtime! So I came across this video:

And I was blown away!
I thought to myself, what if I could use my skills and make such wonderful environments for VaM! I did not use Unity before, but for me learning new software is rather fun. I have a huge library of furniture and textures I could export from 3ds MAx to Unity.

But the question is - is that quality (from the video above) possible to achieve in the new VaM 2.x?

I don't care that it will eat most of the GPU's people are using. I aim for the best photorealistic quality and I will save up money for multiple top gpu if needed.

But will the VaM engine allow to implement all those graphic features?
Or will it cut down something? Or will it be a tradeoff?
I need to know before I start learning Unity and start preparing my interior scenes for the upcoming VaM 2.x.

Mr.Dyngus

Yes, it will be possible with VAM 2.0 according to the MeshedVR declarations.
However, keep in mind that the characters themselves will consume a lot of resources.

I may be the only one thinking that but I think VaM is much more than simply a sex simulator. You can do so much thing that has nothing to do with sex in it. I use it as a creative platform and the ability to see in VR what you just created in a software is amazing.
I always looked for a reason to really get into 3D modeling and I found it with VaM.

I totally agree, I even had fun creating or importing looks that have nothing to do with sexual simulation.
1574248781.jpg

1571726192.jpg

Thanks!
That is great news VamXFan.
And yeah Dubidubi, I also think of VaM as a VR simulation sandbox. You can do all kinds of different stuff. And with the help of comunnity, capabilities grow more and more with every new plugin and morph.
I used to work on all sort of 3d software from 3ds Max to DAZ, but never with results in real time (without rendering each frame).
I don't think there is anything like this on the market.
Cheers

I'll chime in here with this as well. I don't use VaM as a sex simulator, but more as a "rapid prototyping" for my artwork. It's so simple and easy to rig a scene and then capture "moments" that look a whole lot more natural and interactive than setting them up in Daz and rendering them. Just having the ability for characters to deflect, move and interact with the environment has upped what I can use this for. I'm just fascinated with this program :D

I need to know before I start learning Unity and start preparing my interior scenes for the upcoming VaM 2.x.

I think you should not start dreaming about 2.x before a few months at least, and even then, first features will be minimalistic.

That said... PBR looks like this because of the shaders. If you're into realistic looking stuffs, you should look into shaders before level design or modeling. Also, with that kind of result, there is a ton of things that you will need to understand... probes, baking and stuff like that. This kind of render does not work "out of the box", there is a lot of knowledge behind it that includes occlusion culling, working with atlases, optimizing your shaders to have the least drawcalls possible, creating shaders depending on the material, post process shaders...

And last and foremost, I would bet that this kind of lighting is baked and not realtime. Which will be an issue for a realtime app like VaM to get a similar result on the human models in the scene.

If you're willing to learn a ton of skills like that, if your goal isn't to use the "sex simulation" part of VaM but just authoring scenes, I would suggest just to learn UE4 or Unity and create content inside these engines :]
Not that it is not interesting to work inside VaM. But if you're willing to produce ultra-high quality environments, VaM will limit you at some point.

Thanks Hazmhox for your advices!
That's exactly what I thought. There is a lot to learn because there is a big difference in making realistic looking rendering and realistic looking realtime environments. But i like challenges and I will definitely give it a try. I'm a graphic artist, I don't only model, I also work on shaders, lights, HDRI maps, cameras and compositions with post processing. The only thing that discourages me is coding but now, since these game enginges became mostly graphic interfaced with WYSIWYG approach, I see it more attainable for graphic artists.
I love VaM as a sex simulator and I love CGI and combining the two sounds exciting.

Hey @Mr.Dyngus I came from the same background and have been using unity for the last 10 years now. If you are interested these programs and setups helped me understand so much more about bringing things together
  1. Zbrush
  2. Substance Designer
  3. Substance Painter
  4. Unity Shader setups
  5. Unity Scene setups (Reflection probes / Light maps and Light probes)
Then also learn the retypology work flow. 3dsmax started taking it more seriously from about 2018 onwards.

GLHF!

Back
Top Bottom