Question undressing atoms with vam timeline triggers

ChampionWhisky

Reactions
Hi, so im trying to undress some atoms but i cant see an option to just turn off the clothing item using timeline triggers.
reducing alpha to 0 works but it also makes gens disappear on male atoms.
I've seen this done in scenes before and for the life of me i cant find them again to copy how they did it.
while im here is there a way to use timeline triggers to change clothing states? like Normal to down or access and such?

if you know of a better way to do what im trying to do here like a plugin or something id love to hear about that too

Last edited:
You can also add a trigger to unset the "disable geometry" flag so that male gens will appear with the alpha set to -1. Setting alpha to 0 is visible, -1 is invisible. Clothes don't really have different states, like open and closed, half way down, etc. Some clothes have a different item for that, which you can switch to with a clothing preset. Clothes that have sim can be triggered to "enable detach" which is the same as checking the undress box on the customization tab.

Upvote 0
You can also just turn them off by trigger. You find trigger for all clothes in Person - geometry ... Like this one for example:

Screenshot 2024-10-19 070157.png

Upvote 0
Hi, so im trying to undress some atoms but i cant see an option to just turn off the clothing item using timeline triggers.
reducing alpha to 0 works but it also makes gens disappear on male atoms.
I've seen this done in scenes before and for the life of me i cant find them again to copy how they did it.
while im here is there a way to use timeline triggers to change clothing states? like Normal to down or access and such?

if you know of a better way to do what im trying to do here like a plugin or something id love to hear about that too

Alpha-ing is your best solution, it's better in terms of reactivity and does not produce any physics resets, which feels nicer in the scene. But for a male, it's a bit annoying yeah : )

You can control the "Disable Anatomy" flag with a trigger. You could experiment with a fast alpha fade out then during that process you quickly enable the anatomy. It will feel "gamy" and less realistic, but there is no other alternative.

State is a "meshed only" feature, we cannot access that with our custom clothes, you would need a duplicate alternate version to do so.

Upvote 0
You can also add a trigger to unset the "disable geometry" flag so that male gens will appear with the alpha set to -1. Setting alpha to 0 is visible, -1 is invisible. Clothes don't really have different states, like open and closed, half way down, etc. Some clothes have a different item for that, which you can switch to with a clothing preset. Clothes that have sim can be triggered to "enable detach" which is the same as checking the undress box on the customization tab.
Yeah I've noticed males don't have clothing states like females do which is a bit annoying but thank you for the info

Upvote 0
Alpha-ing is your best solution, it's better in terms of reactivity and does not produce any physics resets, which feels nicer in the scene. But for a male, it's a bit annoying yeah : )

You can control the "Disable Anatomy" flag with a trigger. You could experiment with a fast alpha fade out then during that process you quickly enable the anatomy. It will feel "gamy" and less realistic, but there is no other alternative.

State is a "meshed only" feature, we cannot access that with our custom clothes, you would need a duplicate alternate version to do so.
Thank you for the info. All 3 of you have given me a better idea of what's possible. Thankfully right now I'm only trying to remove clothes instantly between animations in like a story board sort of way before I start adding real animations later.

Eventually I'll release them on vamhub but I'm constantly updating them with plugins, new animations, looks and so on. Hopefully I don't disappoint when it comes to it

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom