Question Two newbie questions about using subscenes.

LogicX

Reactions
Hi,
#1 How can I load and import a (subscene) containing a dual pose without also importing the model(s) from that scene?
It always seem to get saved with the subscene.. and I would like it to keep my already loaded model..

#2 Also, How can I get the animation to remain intact in the transfer?
The animation is stopped and does not seem to follow from the original scene: (what I did was to add a subscene in the original (animated) scene and connected the male/female to that, which seem to break the animation, no matter how I connected them..

I used this guide ( which is great btw)
https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/how-to-use-subscenes.5949/

thanks in advance
/L

Hi,
#1 How can I load and import a (subscene) containing a dual pose without also importing the model(s) from that scene?
It always seem to get saved with the subscene.. and I would like it to keep my already loaded model..

#2 Also, How can I get the animation to remain intact in the transfer?
The animation is stopped and does not seem to follow from the original scene: (what I did was to add a subscene in the original (animated) scene and connected the male/female to that, which seem to break the animation, no matter how I connected them..

I used this guide ( which is great btw)
https://hub.virtamate.com/resources/how-to-use-subscenes.5949/

thanks in advance
/L
I don't know how to keep the same models with a subscene. I've never been able to do it.

But I can tell you how to keep the animation intact.

If it's a built-in mocap animation, you should get the Plugin "Mocap switcher" and put it on both person atoms. Then save the present animation on both of them.

Once you have the subscene atom created, move it to just above your two persons. This should be done in VR because it is virtually impossible in desktop to put the subscene atom where you want it.

Disable collision on both person atoms, then link them to the subscene. Give the subscene an ID and a name then save it. When you add the subscene to a different scene, you should make sure you have saved appearances for the models already there. You'll need to make that change after you import the subscene. Or, you can change the appearance before you link them to the subscene. Either way,. before when you bring in the new subscene, you will want to remove the two persons already in the scene, unless you want 4 players.

I've found that once you add the new subscene atom, move it to above where you want the players to be. Then load the subscene. You'll probably have to fiddle with the rotation.

Once you have them positioned the way you want, and have turned off collision, unlink them from the subscene. I've found that mocaps won't run if they are linked. I think this is because when linking to a subscene, it changes the name of the atom, and the mocap anim probably references the previous name, although I don't know this for sure.

Check the animation tab to see if the mocap anim was loaded with the subscene, if it was, it should run correctly. If not, you'll have to load it with Mocap Switcher, for both persons.

if it's a Timeline animation it's much simpler.

First thing you'll want to do is uncheck "use pose root" in the pose tab of timeline for both person atoms. You don't need to copy anything since the timeline will ride along with the person it's loaded on. Turning off root allows you to pose the animation in a different scene and not have it return to it's original location in the scene.

Then just follow the same linking procedure as for mocap anims. You won't need to unlink them when you transfer them to a different scene, although I do anyway. If you somehow accidentally move the subscene atom, you move both persons, so I find it's best to unlink them.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom