Question Questions VaM newbie.

Icgi

Reactions
Couple of questions.
1. How to I make the GUI bigger? It is so tiny I can barely read the words or options?
2. Where is the MINIMIZE button so I can get to desktop behind the edit screen?
VaM.jpg

I guess you're running it in fullscreen desktop mode? Try running the configurator (vam(config)) to see if you can switch to windowed mode there.

As for gui scale, click the three dots button on the lower far right of the toolbar, next to where it says "C to cycle stacks", and there's a slider there for that.

Upvote 0
Couple of questions.
1. How to I make the GUI bigger? It is so tiny I can barely read the words or options?
2. Where is the MINIMIZE button so I can get to desktop behind the edit screen?

Just like @urukyay said.

1. Click on 3 dots, use UI Scale to increase size, UI Offset to move it up/down.
ui_scale.jpg

2. Desktop mode?
Run VaM (Config).bat and check "Windowed" option,
or if client is already running just alt+enter to toggle windowed/fullscreen (on windows).
windowed.jpg

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
old thread but i can only run window vam in 1080 on my right monitor (vertical)
but i wish to make it smaller ... as you can see its slightly to large on a 1080 vertical monitor...

too large.png

And resizing just cuts off the corners...

would this be a custom command in a properties / shortcut / target command line?

i tried "VaM_Updater\VaM.exe -windowmode" but didnt know what to add to get a smaller res than 1080 or to simply force the window to be the size of the monitor res.

any ideas on this?

right.png

Upvote 0
any ideas on this?
So you wanna start VaM windowed and lower than 1080p. Did you try creating/editing batch file with custom res?

1. Create a copy of VaM (Desktop Mode).bat

2. Edit it with notepad (or similar text editor)

3. Set desired resolution and windowed ( -screen-fullscreen 0 , otherwise "1" or -window full)
for example: START "VaM" VaM.exe -vrmode None -screen-fullscreen 0 -screen-width 1280 -screen-height 720

4. Use it to open VaM, don't start VaM via VaM_Updater (launcher) or VaM (Config).bat

Upvote 0
So you wanna start VaM windowed and lower than 1080p. Did you try creating/editing batch file with custom res?

1. Create a copy of VaM (Desktop Mode).bat

2. Edit it with notepad (or similar text editor)

3. Set desired resolution and windowed ( -screen-fullscreen 0 , otherwise "1" or -window full)
for example: START "VaM" VaM.exe -vrmode None -screen-fullscreen 0 -screen-width 1280 -screen-height 720

4. Use it to open VaM, don't start VaM via VaM_Updater (launcher) or VaM (Config).bat
thanks ill try that ... but i really just wanted to resize it on the fly like you do with a video player. I presume that isnt possible ?
though ill try your method too #;-D

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom