Question Newbie Question: Cannot load environments downloaded from hub

MSpeight69

Reactions
Hi all. I'm so painfully new to VAM so I apologise of this has been asked before or if I'm being incredibly dumb.

So, downloaded some free environment assets from the hub but man I'm struggling to get them to load in on a scene.

Can load the default vam environments like 'old bedroom' etc but can't seem to load in custom ones. When I download from hub I can load them once when it says "in Library, add to scene" or something like that and they work so they must be in there somewhere lol. But when trying to add the downloaded asset in a new scene they don't show up as an option.

Watched a YouTube that said go into misc, then unity creations, which I did but then nothing still comes up.

Any help would be much appreciated. Feel free to explain it to me like I'm a Labrador dog.

Many thanks

Likely the environment you mention is a CUA (CustomUnityAsset) and half way it's shown how to add a CUA atom and to load one from a VAR:

Upvote 0
Hi thanks for your reply.

Yes that's the video I was following, however when I click add atom, after selecting custom unity, it doesn't do anything, that's specifically the issue I'm running into. On the video he goes to next screen where you can browse files, mine just does nothing lol

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.

Upvote 0
The "Select atom when adding" checkbox is not enabled by default, it just adds the atom but doesn't show its options. Just find the newly added atom in the list, likely CustomUnityAsset as the name, then you can see those options, or check "Select atom when adding" before adding the CUA atom.

Upvote 0
The "Select atom when adding" checkbox is not enabled by default, it just adds the atom but doesn't show its options. Just find the newly added atom in the list, likely CustomUnityAsset as the name, then you can see those options, or check "Select atom when adding" before adding the CUA atom.
Legend, somehow missed that bit.

Thanks for your help

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom