Question Newbie questions

wayneout

Reactions
I have watched most of the video tutorials. On the part about possessing, he just mentions lining up head with the person's head. Sounds easy but I am having trouble doing just that. Do I move my head? I have watched several other videos but they seem to skip over that
part. I am trying to do things in line with the tutorials and this is in video 2.
In one of the videos, he moves a person around just by grabbing them and moving them. When I grab them, I just select a body part. I usually am trying to grab them to bring them on the Z axis. (closer)
Thanks

@wayneout One of the best fixed possessions is using two plugin scripts "Passenger.cs" and "Improved POV". Load these up on your person and activate the Passenger.cs script either by checking the box in its UI or assigning a key to trigger it from its UI. Using these plugins both simplifies the possession experience and prevents the possession from dragging around your person accidentally.

Upvote 0
To move a person just by grabbing and dragging them, all active nodes need to be set to "comply" rather than on. That is what allows them to be dragged.

I'd suggest selecting the person control, then going to the "control & physics 2" tab and clicking "key joints" comply". That will turn the head, ,chest, hip, hands and feet to comply, and all other nodes off.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the replies. I found I have some movement with my joysticks. Except there is no way with them to rotate the person but I can use the rotation
setting to do that I believe. in person control. For right now, I find that I am out of questions, hopefully.

Upvote 0
If you want to move/rotate the whole person, you do so by moving the person control node. The node theat looks like a little person.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom