Answered Newbie needs help with textures

Rame2404

Reactions
I have been running into a fairly consistent issue in this program, and I am hoping for some advice. I have downloaded a lot of scenes where the description says everything that is needed for the scene is included in the downloaded file, and when I see pics to preview the characters, the girls always have beautifully done, lifelike hair. However, when I install the scene and load it, their hair looks like it is drawn onto a bald head, with a couple loosly dangling strands here and there, like some crazy cat lady.. Am I doing something wrong? am I missing some crucial files here??

Hi, many of the shared stuff looks better on picture, but "bald head with drawn in hair" sounds like there is something badly going wrong.
What happens if you load the default starting screen? Is the hair looking bad, too? What if you delete the hair of the starting figure and add an other hair style? Is it every scene, or only some of them? If it is in all scenes, then there might be something wrong with your installation or the game physics... If it is only some hair in some scenes, then most probably you miss the hair that was used. Please read the text in the sharing-thread, or if a text is coming with the scene. Many creators are using hair that was made by other creators. Most of the time they describe which hair or cloth, or textures you will need to get the right look. Look for a text like "Hair XYZ from Roac", or something like this.

Upvote 0
Even default loading screen girl looks off, will upload pic soon. I am really new to this program, and I have yet to be able to find any form of beginners tutorial to help with this program. I have seen instructions in the link's page as to how to install everything, but when I load it up I get a bunch of error messages on the left side. I will download files where the webpage says everything that is needed is included and ready to go, but then I get the error messages when I try to use it.

To clarify, I have version 1.19.2.2, which to my understanding is the newest version. About to do a fresh install, I will send a pic of what the default screen looks like in the next reply

Last edited:
Upvote 0
So, I didnt want to be that guy to point out a specific video like I was putting the creator on the spot, even though I know this is most likely just an issue on my own end, but I am using Sexy time as an example of what I am going through. The post on this site says that everything that is needed is in the zip file, and has a video preview of the scene.

The first pic I have posted is what the girl looks like in the preview video, and the second pic is what she looks like when I load the scene on my pc..

Attachments

• 20200706_153406.jpg
    20200706_153406.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
  • 20200706_153809.jpg
    20200706_153809.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Wow, this looks like there is something broken really bad. VaM hair is no "wig" like in DAZ3d or elsewhere, but is completely physics (?) created. I am no expert of how exactly it works. But VaM hair consists of so called "strands" and those few strands are filled up with an other form of created hair. On your picture it looks like there are only those strands visible. The hair texture shown there is from the "scalp" only. So I guess there is something terrible wrong with the physics settings. You could try to edit the physics settings of the hair for testing. By the way, do you have the Patreon "Creator" tier? Try to alter especially the both settings on the hair's "Look" tab which are on the middle right side. I can't remember the names from memory. Something with "width" and "spread".
If this has no effect, you most likely have to do a clean install at least. Or try to repair the VaM installation first from within the VaM installer. This is something like the standard procedure if you have very strange errors like this. If this issue still persists after a clean install, you maybe should directly ask MeshedVR, the creator of VaM.

Upvote 0
That second pic was after I completely deleted and reinstalled the program. I reinstalled the program, then added that one scene.

I dont have the creator tier, but I have the middle tier.

Also, this pic of the default starting screen was taken right after deleting and reinstalling the program. Sorry about the flash reflection, but you get the idea
20200706_143447.jpg

Upvote 0
These hair shaders require tessellation to work. It looks like something is not working there are is extremely limited.

AMD GPU? Check your video driver to see if you have tessellation turned off or set really low. It should be set to allow the application to decide since various hairs use different tessellation settings.

I don't think Nvidia GPUs have a way to turn this off so it should just work.

Upvote 0
this solved my issue, thank you very much!

These hair shaders require tessellation to work. It looks like something is not working there are is extremely limited.

AMD GPU? Check your video driver to see if you have tessellation turned off or set really low. It should be set to allow the application to decide since various hairs use different tessellation settings.

I don't think Nvidia GPUs have a way to turn this off so it should just work.

Upvote 0
Even default loading screen girl looks off, will upload pic soon. I am really new to this program, and I have yet to be able to find any form of beginners tutorial to help with this program. I have seen instructions in the link's page as to how to install everything

Could you send me some of these links? I JUST STARTED TODAY

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom