• Hello Guest!

We have recently updated our Site Policies regarding the use of Non Commercial content within Paid Content posts. Please read the new policy here.

An offical announcement about this new policy can be read on our Discord.

~The VaMHub Moderation Team
  • Hello Guest!

We posted an announcment regarding upcoming changes to Paid Content submissions.

Please see this thread for more information.

Answered Need help with sim clothing

Haliwod

Reactions
I noticed some ppl successfully kinda lock (for example) panties with sim in a position half dropped. What I mean is I want to understand what creators do to lock pulled down pants around thigh area. I'm aware of cloth grab sphere but i have a suspicion that there is an easier/more proper way to do this kind of things.
So please, share your knowledge guys <3

As far as I know this is impossible. You can either turn on simulation and/or physics or not.

You could try moving a clothing to a position with simulation/physics on and then turn it off to "freeze" it. But from what I remember, everytime you change state of simulation/physics, clothings are returning to their "zero" position.

Where's this "I noticed some ppl successfully kinda lock (for example) panties with sim in a position half dropped" from? Any source?

Upvote 0
Well i can't provide source. Judging by your answer I suppose I misjudged what i saw. Maybe the position (horizontal) of the atom influenced the "undressing" state of a cloth.

It's just one of the things that should definitely exist ingame. I haven't figured out half of the physics settings. I thought there was sovalue that affects this things. For example I still don't understand what does joint resistance do.

But thaks for reaching out)

Upvote 0
No problem, I don't understand the program neither. And I'm in this 100+ hours easy. So many options and possibillities, I gave up after learning the basics 😄

Upvote 0
Hi,
I do not know how to do what you were asking, but:
As you may know, you can add your own clothes stuff relatively easy from DAZ3d.
There are some DAZ clothes with "undressing" states. In addition to this, you could edit a ready made or create your own stuff and import it to DAZ.
If you will import a clothes item in a "undressing" state, you can use it like normal clothes but in that "undressed" look, even with physics.
If you will import both, you could switch clothes like normal, but between one in a full dressed and one in an undressed state.
Maybe that is what you saw in some user created content, or in the early build-in clothes from meshedVR.

IMHO this is an relatively easy and more reliable way to do this, than to mess around with weight or gravity in the physics settings and to hope it stays in place.

Upvote 0
Some of the built-in clothing items have a "state" dropdown menu allowing the clothing to be repositioned. Bras up, panties down, that kind of thing.

This is not an option for any clothing imported by users. When you enter clothing customization, the dropdown is at the top right.

Clothing with this option:
Heat up panty
Alphakini panty & bra
Casual denim top
Casual Denim Jeans
Santa baby dress
DATM pants
Silky PJ top & bottom (non sim versions)
Fancy Panties
Simple top & underwear
simple underwear shorts
shorts
tank top

Upvote 0
Some of the built-in clothing items have a "state" dropdown menu allowing the clothing to be repositioned. Bras up, panties down, that kind of thing.

This is not an option for any clothing imported by users. When you enter clothing customization, the dropdown is at the top right.

Clothing with this option:
Heat up panty
Alphakini panty & bra
Casual denim top
Casual Denim Jeans
Santa baby dress
DATM pants
Silky PJ top & bottom (non sim versions)
Fancy Panties
Simple top & underwear
simple underwear shorts
shorts
tank top
Thanks so so much, man! It's a great list. Gona go check it all out. I managed to stumble on roughly three clothing items with this settings on my own)

Upvote 0
This is not an option for any clothing imported by users.
I was wondering why? Is that too complex to add in the clothing editor?

It's such a great feature, it'd be great if it could be available for user imported clothing (instead of having X variations of the same clothes, or hidden in the presets).

Upvote 0
Hi all, and Toby ;) I have now made a dress. I followed a guide and it worked quite well. BUT how do I get the dress to simulate the physics? My dress is stiff even though I think I have the correct physics settings in the clothing tab. Other dresses are loose and nice but mine is like a second skin some distans from my character. I guess I just need to tick some box somewhere or add wheights or whatever but I'm stuck. Thankful for help as always.

Upvote 0
Hi all, and Toby ;) I have now made a dress. I followed a guide and it worked quite well. BUT how do I get the dress to simulate the physics? My dress is stiff even though I think I have the correct physics settings in the clothing tab. Other dresses are loose and nice but mine is like a second skin some distans from my character. I guess I just need to tick some box somewhere or add wheights or whatever but I'm stuck. Thankful for help as always.

Hi, @ilovebasilm
If you create a cloth item, on the very first page at the lower right side you have the button to enable physics.
If you click on that button, most likely you clothes will fall apart.
You will need to tell VaM which parts of the clothes are stiff and wich parts are loose.
You do this with a red & black texture image.
Red is stiff, black are loose. Mixed red/black is everything inbetween stiff and loose.
Loose parts do not stick to the body and therefore will fall apart.
So you need a compromise, or you have to define anchor points to the body.
Right above that button, you can set a single solid red color.
Use the slider to adjust the ammount of stiffness for the whole clothing item.
Play a bit with the settings to get a feeling on how it works.
If you want to go further, you need to paint one of those simple "physics maps" yourself.

This is not really difficult, but hard to explain.
For a skirt, for instance, you have to look at the clothes texture, understand how the texture works for the skirt,
and than you paint the waist band pure (RGB) red to make it stick stiff to the body, and the rest of the image should be black.
This is a very basic setup. You can refine the skirts physics by painting color gradients from pure red over a dark red to black, and you most likely have to make different parts of the clothing item stick together with red color.
A button on the clothing item will fall off, if you don't paint it red. At the same time, this region will become stiff...
You have to do compromises and a lot of try & error at the beginning.
Very hard to explain. I suggest to look at the tutorials on how to do this.

Upvote 0
Hi, @ilovebasilm
If you create a cloth item, on the very first page at the lower right side you have the button to enable physics.
If you click on that button, most likely you clothes will fall apart.
You will need to tell VaM which parts of the clothes are stiff and wich parts are loose.
You do this with a red & black texture image.
Red is stiff, black are loose. Mixed red/black is everything inbetween stiff and loose.
Loose parts do not stick to the body and therefore will fall apart.
So you need a compromise, or you have to define anchor points to the body.
Right above that button, you can set a single solid red color.
Use the slider to adjust the ammount of stiffness for the whole clothing item.
Play a bit with the settings to get a feeling on how it works.
If you want to go further, you need to paint one of those simple "physics maps" yourself.

This is not really difficult, but hard to explain.
For a skirt, for instance, you have to look at the clothes texture, understand how the texture works for the skirt,
and than you paint the waist band pure (RGB) red to make it stick stiff to the body, and the rest of the image should be black.
This is a very basic setup. You can refine the skirts physics by painting color gradients from pure red over a dark red to black, and you most likely have to make different parts of the clothing item stick together with red color.
A button on the clothing item will fall off, if you don't paint it red. At the same time, this region will become stiff...
You have to do compromises and a lot of try & error at the beginning.
Very hard to explain. I suggest to look at the tutorials on how to do this.
Thank you, now I can continue :) I know a lot about mapping and UV maps etc. so it will not be a problem now that I understand how it works. I allready have the textures for the dress so it will be easy making one red and black. Thank you very much! :)

Upvote 0
Thank you, now I can continue :) I know a lot about mapping and UV maps etc. so it will not be a problem now that I understand how it works. I allready have the textures for the dress so it will be easy making one red and black. Thank you very much! :)

Great. There is even a button at the clothes texture tab to export an "UV map texture" for painting on it.
The red color has to be pure RGB red (255,0,0) or respectively a gradient from red to black, as I said above.
That's the whole story. Have fun.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom