Answered Questions about OpenXXL

Jocks3D

Reactions
Patreon
callanscott
OpenXXL is a mystery. It's in the morphs but it doesn't appear to do anything. And it also gets included in any package I create and export.

So what is OpenXXL, why do we need it, what does it do and can it be safely deleted without screwing up a package?

Another user here mentioned he was able to remove OpenXXL but he didn't say how or why he wanted it gone. And doing a Google search turns up very little on OpenXXL. I even searched for it in my VaM install and nothing showed up.

Upvote 0
Thanks @atani. I did a clean install of VaM, removed all the default add-ons except a handful and still saw OpenXXL in morphs. I'll need to dig a little deeper to see where that pesky file is hiding.

Upvote 0
Ok, here's what I found: I did a clean install of VaM and loaded the default females and males. OpenXXL only showed up as a morph for males and the source was the MeshedVR.PresetsPack.2.var file. I unpacked that and opened one of the male preset .vap files with Notepad and this code was at the top:

Code:
"setUnlistedParamsToDefault" : "true",
   "storables" : [
      {
         "id" : "geometry",
         "morphs" : [
            {
               "name" : "OpenXXL",
               "value" : "3.619025E-05"
            },

So I assume I can just delete that code from the male presets to get rid of OpenXXL, correct? Ah, but once you unpack a .var file and edit a .vap file how do you repack it? I use 7-Zip to unpack .var files but I'm not clear if or how to use it to repack a .var file VaM can use.

By the way, I tried the idea in the other thread (disable PresetsPack2, save scene, close VaM and reopen) and this did not work. OpenXXL was still there.

Upvote 0
"OpenXXL" is a built in male morph that dilates the asshole.

It used to be a problem, but that's been fixed in 1.21.

The problem with "zombie morphs" like this and the RG morphs was that Vam uses these morphs internally, and it was getting confused when people were importing versions of the same morph. The bug that caused this has now been fixed, and these morphs shouldn't be causing any problems.

If the "bug" you're noticing is that as soon as you move the morph slider it jumps back to its original position, or that it seems to be changing itself, this isn't a bug. It's due to the fact that on the model's "auto behaviors" tab, you have the "auto male genital/anus morphs" checkbox checked, and that's driving the morph. Uncheck that and the built-in morph can be changed like any other.

If there's some other issue I'm not understanding, please let me know and I'll share the info with Meshed.

Upvote 0
Thank you @DJ unchecking the anus auto morph got rid of OpenXXL. Funny, I just assumed OpenXXL was related to maybe a spreadsheet or Excel doc, I never would have guessed it had something related to an anus opening. Although in hindsight (no pun intended) I guess I see why it was called that. :)

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom