Question Trigger action timers do not work

hammondfish

Reactions
image_2023-04-28_125714357.png

Example above - I am using v1.22, but it was the same in v1.19. Have tried in several different scenes. If I try to use the timer on a trigger - it will not work. The test does not work and it doesn't work in scene. Without timer, triggers work. It is the same for morph targets and clothing targets. Is there a reason why timers will not work? Thanks.

Thanks, but they're definitely not working. I can add a new item of clothing that nothing else is controlling and with timer on, trigger does nothing. I'll keep experimenting.

Upvote 0
I've seen this too. There are some things where timers work, and some where they don't. It's a mystery.

Upvote 0
It's a mystery
It might be dependend on your trigger source. If your source (meaning the atom/plugin you trigger things from) does not support timers, then it won't work. While VaM in general as well as my plugins (e.g. LogicBricks) should support this, plugins by other creators might not. Also make sure you don't disable the atom or plugin for the duration of the timer. Because it's the source that has to update the timer every frame.

Upvote 0
Often, what I was doing was changing the Alpha value on some cum clothing. It was usually triggered by a cum button in the scene. I've seen several scenes where the cum clothing magically appears all at once.

Upvote 0
Works fine for me? Made a quick demo scene.

Dependencies are all on the Hub:
  • The Cum.Cum_Facial_free_01.latest
  • Optional: MacGruber.Life.13
  • Optional: RenVR.Simone_(REN).latest

=> As said, upload your scene or we can guess around for weeks what the problem is. Could be lots of things...some plugin interfering, some clothing preset you are loading at that time, multiple Timer triggers controlling the same value being active at the same time, etc., etc.

Attachments

• MacGruber.TimerTriggerTest.1.var
    21.8 KB · Views: 0
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom