Question Continuous collision trigger action

ericclover73

Reactions
Is there a way to make an action keep repeating for as long as the trigger is being touched? Currently when I touch a collision trigger the action will only happen once even if I continue touching it. And in order for the action to happen again I have to move away from it an touch it again. Any suggestions or maybe an existing plugin that will do that? Thank you.

You could have an action repeating/looping or whatever with start action then add an end action to stop it when you end the collision. Perhaps you can be more specific about what action you are trying to perform with the trigger?
Maybe there is something in logic bricks that can help.

Upvote 0
I'm not sure how to loop an action. But for example let's try something simple such as switching an invisible light on and off continuously while the trigger is being touched with the "toggle on" function. How would you go about that?

Upvote 0
Honestly I would say start using acidbubbles timeline if you're not already, there are so many possibilities available. This is just a fairly simple example to start you off but you can do so much more using these basics.

1. Add your light to scene.
2. Add timeline plugin to the invisible light atom.
3. In timeline plugin you will see anim 1 (empty) so set it to loop and for however long you want the loop to be, in the (edit) tab.
4. In (add target) tab, add a trigger track. It will automatically add one at the start of the anim. Copy this trigger and paste in the middle of the anim loop.
5. Select the (targets) tab and click on trigger track 1 and set the start action to- light = toggle on, in both the beginning and middle trigger (You can rename the trigger track to light switch or whatever)
6. Play the anim to make sure it is working. It should toggle at the start and middle of the anim.
7. Now you are done with timeline plugin setup add your collision trigger to the scene as you would normally and set the start action to-
Receiver Atom = Invisible light,
Receiver = timeline plugin,
Receiver Target = Play Anim 1 (or whatever you renamed the anim in timeline)
8. Now set the end action to-
Receiver Atom = Invisible light
Receiver = timeline plugin
Receiver Target = stop/reset. Experiment with this for your own needs.

If you are new to acidbubbles timeline plugin the above can seem a bit much but once you know you know. I hope this helps. Let me know how it goes.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom