Timeline Help - How to 'warp' characters without the ragdoll physics between animations

thisguy7890

Reactions
Hi everyone,

I have a question with Timeline that I was hoping you all could help with. I'm new to the tool, so please forgive me if I'm overlooking something obvious or if there are instructions for this I could reference. Did a lot of searching but couldn't find an answer.

I'm trying to set up a scene where I'm moving one model around a room. For example, let's say I want to have two animations, one where the model is standing in one corner of the room and another where she is lying down in the bed. How can I set up the animations / layers / segments so that when I play the standing animation, she 'warps' to the standing position without ragdolling and breaking the physics? And then if I play the lying in bed animation, how can I warp her there from the standing position without her flying across the room?

I watched the YouTube tutorials and reviewed the wiki, but didn't have any luck. Any guidance or references would be appreciated.

Thank you!

Other than creating transition animations to make the character move smoothly, what you can do is "fade to black" in between. The VamOverlays plugin does that.

in animation 1 in timeline under the Pose tab, create the pose, click "use current pose/overwrite pose" then check "Apply pose on transition" at the bottom of the pose tab

do the same for each animation.

@SlimerJSpud thank you, I will definitely want to use this for more fluid transitions. Wasn't sure what this was, but know it from other scenes, so appreciate it.

@rokoc - awesome, got it to work this way, thank you. Good to go for now.

Back
Top Bottom