Importing Animations to Timeline

StardustVR

Reactions
When I import timeline animations I can only seem to import to a new segment. Which I wouldn't care about, but then I can't seem to trigger any animations from any other segment than the first. So I have 3 questions that I've searched and can't seem to find if/ how any of them are are doable. Any of the 3 will solve my issue:

1. How can I import an animation into timeline to where I want it (let's say, Segment 1, scene 8)?
2. Or how can I use a UIButton to trigger an animation from a different segment? I literally only have scenes from Segment 1 available to select. Nothing in Segment 2 shows up.
3. Can I simply move an entire clip from, say Segment 2, scene 1 to Segment 1, scene 8?

Thanks!

I only imported animations one time so cant help with #1 but #3 you can go to Timeline [segment 2, scene1] > More > Bulk Changes: select the range to select and Copy then again on seg1 scene 8

#2 use Timelines sequencer ?

I only imported animations one time so cant help with #1 but #3 you can go to Timeline [segment 2, scene1] > More > Bulk Changes: select the range to select and Copy then again on seg1 scene 8

#2 use Timelines sequencer ?
Man I dug around in the bulk changes section and completely missed that. Will for sure try that tonight. And good thought on the sequencer idea, but if I can copy that clip over my probem is solved. Thank you!

When I import timeline animations I can only seem to import to a new segment. Which I wouldn't care about, but then I can't seem to trigger any animations from any other segment than the first. So I have 3 questions that I've searched and can't seem to find if/ how any of them are are doable. Any of the 3 will solve my issue:

1. How can I import an animation into timeline to where I want it (let's say, Segment 1, scene 8)?
2. Or how can I use a UIButton to trigger an animation from a different segment? I literally only have scenes from Segment 1 available to select. Nothing in Segment 2 shows up.
3. Can I simply move an entire clip from, say Segment 2, scene 1 to Segment 1, scene 8?

Thanks!
You need to make sure that the animation you are importing has exactly the same controls as the other animations in the segment, otherwise it will be imported to its own segment.
You could simply add another new blank instance of timeline and import your animation there.

You need to make sure that the animation you are importing has exactly the same controls as the other animations in the segment, otherwise it will be imported to its own segment.
You could simply add another new blank instance of timeline and import your animation there.
Was not aware of the controls having to be be the same, but that makes perfect sense. Thanks for much for that info. It's been driving me nuts thing to figure that out.

Thanks, guys. That all worked and I'm now rockin and rollin and whatnot! (Grease reference, in case you missed it!) Still haven't figured out triggering another segment yet, but as long as I can import and/ or move them I'm good. Thanks again.

Triggering a different segment is just like any segment, should show up on the list. Make sure the animations/layers are not named the same as the other segment.

Triggering a different segment is just like any segment, should show up on the list. Make sure the animations/layers are not named the same as the other segment.

That's the weird part - they are named different. It's really frustrating and would make life a lot simpler than copying and pasting the animations (although I appreciate now knowing that, as well). Maybe later I'll package what I have and put on Google Drive and see if someone here can tell me what the heck I'm missing.

Try a new scene, add a person with Timeline and make 2 segments. Try now to use a UIbutton to trigger different segments.

Back
Top Bottom