The Stiffening Z (Full Length Movie)

Other The Stiffening Z (Full Length Movie)

mastermike8800

Reactions
Website
www.bonervisionvr.com
Patreon
bonervision
mastermike8800 submitted a new resource:

The Stiffen Z (Full Length Movie) - World Premier of Boner Vision's first free movie release made with VAM!

Warning: This movie contains explict adult content!

View attachment 137161
Okay, here it is as promised. The world premier of the full free movie made entirely inside of VAM titled "The Stiffening Z"

This movie does not require a VR head set to watch but it is highly recommended! If you do watch it in 2D then make sure to play it with...

Read more about this resource...

Me as well my friend, me as well. There are a couple problems with this, one, the scene is super resource intensive with six lights and so many clothe physics, it runs pretty slow even in desktop mode so I worry that many people wouldn't be able to enjoy it. Also, it has like a million dependancies, some of which I swear doesn't even exist in the scene. I've always been somewhat timid of working with .vars and honestly I don't have a ton of experience with it. Even when I download other peoples scenes I struggle to get them working as they appear in the previews. And lastly, the way you navigate and play the scene is a cryptic mess! I understand how I work it but explaining it to other people, shit, good luck.

However...

You're not the only person who has asked for this so I at least think it deserves an attempt. But since you got me started let me explain more of the challenges I might face and why it might not happen. Some of these are just standards I set for my released content as I don't want to be releasing any broken messes, especially ones that we cost me a month of troubleshooting for people.

-I need to convert all the play mechanics into triggers usable by the player.
-I'll need to remove most of the light and clothing work. This will need to run on most people's computers at a decent frame rate. here's why:
-FPS has a lot to do with how animations look and function and mine are pretty precise. If I set acidbubble's timeline speed to game-time, the animation speed will be dependent on your PC's specs, making it run super fast on beast PCs if I time it for slow machines, or super slow for slow PCs if I time it for fast PCs.
-Options 2: If I set the timeline plugin is set to real time. Then on slow PCs the physics won't keep up the movements will look off or they might over react on super fast PCs. Sorry I know thats a lot to explain but it is a big hurdle to overcome. I just don't want some people to download it and say what is this broken shit!

Anyway I figure I'll give it an effort for a week or so and see how far I get. I might need a beta tester in the future.

I just made a post about this subject over on my blog if you're interest: https://www.bonervisionvr.com/post/what-how-holy

Last edited:
Hi Im wondering when I watch this in desktop on vlc player, is it meant to look blurry or is this just me?

Unfortunately there is a slight drop in quality when watching it in 2D because you are looking at one half of a 2560x1280 stereoscopic image. The text at the beginning should still be barely readable though? If it is even more blurry than that send me a screenshot. You should be able to make everything out. Also, once I get my PC upgraded I think I have a solution to this for all future releases. More on that later.

Oh yeah great point and I just finished watching it and I really hope you keep making long movie stuff cause it was epic with the good liquid and sound effects and everything. Will leave a review for your massive effort on this. Thanks for sharing it.
P.S. How hard do you think it would be to make it a 2D native version? (This movie or future movies)

Pretty time consuming actually :cry:. I have to render out each one of these clips and if I were to render out a 2D clip as well, it would potentially double the length of the process and I've rendered out a single clip that took well over and hour. Perhaps if upgrading my PC, which is first on my to do list, greatly increased my rendering speeds and I had a ton more storage space then I might be able to rig something together. I would also need to cobble together two separate cuts in post editing. I'm glad you find my work engaging enough to watch in 2D though. Thanks for the review! All credit for the liquid stuff goes to Hazmhox's wonderful Fluids Asset and MacGruber's essential state machine plugin from amazing Logic Bricks. The sound effects I got for free from Zapsplat.com an amazing site for royalty free sfx. You just have to be a little creative with your search.

The conversion to an intractable scene is coming along great! I hope to release something to the scene resources section soon! I wrote about it on my blog and shot a video of me messing around in desktop mode.

Let me know if there are any features you'd like me to add.

Back
Top Bottom