The hair shader is not displayed.

laverock

Reactions
After changing the video card to the RX570, this artifact appeared. Instead of hair, only the frame is visible. Previously, it was installed in the gtx 750ti system and everything is fine with it. Does anyone know what to do with this?
2021-6-4 2-46-18.png

I have the exact same issue with the exact same gpu as you.

I have the latest drivers installed, I have tweaked all the graphical settings. This is not a hair asset or import issue. It is present with all hair in VAM.

Is there some additional resources AMD users have to install?
I really hope there is a solution to this

This is becaus of the standard Tesselation settings in the AMD driver.
Had that issue with my 6900xt, too.
Just go to the driver and change the tesselation options to eighter "amd optimized" or "~ managed by application". Maybe you have to set some other options to switch it on.
In Adrenaline you will find them by clicking the gear wheel symbol on the upper right, then in the second tab (from memory it is "Graphics", next is "Display") scroll down to the bottom and open the advanced setings.

For other AMD users who will see the full hair, but a bit too thin to look like the creator's pictures: try to play with that tesselation settings and those other advanced stuff, too. You will be surprised.

Last edited:
Here is a screenshot where to find the settings. Please keep in mind, that my personal settings are not neccessarily being the "right ones". I am still relatively new to AMD and still trying out stuff.
To make it a bit more "brain-jogging", those settings are in German ;-)

Tesselation.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you, this fixed the issue. I disabled all global amd options and settings and reset the shader cache.

Back
Top Bottom