• Hi Guest!

This is a notice regarding recent upgrades to the Hub. Over the last month, we have added several new features to improve your experience.
    You can check out the details in our official announcement!

my native language is not displayed, what should I do?

Reactions
1628652849027.png

1628652962906.png

English is displayed.

Maybe those build-in comic style font for the speech bubbles has no typefaces for foreign languages. This is a common issue and IMHO a fat bug. Never tried to use German letters "äöüß" ... I have to test this next time I am in VaM.

Maybe check out @hazmhox plugins, these allow you to change fonts on UIButtons and UIText atoms. Maybe some of these fonts work for you. Not sure it works for speech/thought bubbles, though.

Nope! No speech bubbles, that said you're right, it has at least one font that support latin accentuation so it may also support cyrrilic characters.

But this is a great suggestion to fix a problem like this. I'm gonna check how complex speech bubbles are and if if could be easy to "intercept them" and put a cyrillic font.

In VR I even do not have German special characters on the VR keyboard. Can't even test if they would be displayed or not. lol. I never noticed this as an issue, but for cyrillic or asian languages this might be a real problem.

I checked VAMOverlays, it works as subtitles, well. but the font is different, with windows takes by default.
1628679390646.png

here, I changed the font in the addon, mine has not changed
1628679774739.png

and in speech/thought, they still don't want to be displayed. probably it is necessary to flatter in the ini files, configs.

This is a normal behavior. You get a fallback on a "working" font face for cyrillic if the character set does not exist in the current selected one.

The only thing I could do is feature some fonts that do have the cyrillic characters, but you will never be able to use cyrillic characters on a font that does not have the character set.

I'm really sorry about this, but this is often the case with the special written languages :/
Not a lot of designers do super awesome looking fonts for all type of character sets.

Back
Top Bottom